Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > sippin_pisco's Port Reviews of Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Barbados, St. Maarten

sippin_pisco's Port Reviews of Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Barbados, St. Maarten
Legend of the Seas cruise in December 2013
Member Name: sippin_pisco
Cruise Date: December 2013
Member Review: sippin_pisco's Legend of the Seas Review
Aruba
Snorkeling Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

lovely catamaran sail - beautiful clear water to see fish - then to sunken ship site - scary dark blue water - I then decided to pack it in and drink some rum punch. No shortage of punch! Nice staff, clean boat and equipment.

More Aruba Reviews Aruba Port Profile Aruba Forum
Bonaire
Mangrove Boat Tour Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

Interesting, but next time I would just go to the beach instead. No birds to speak of. Very small boats and very small mangrove passages! the guide was excellent and very knowledgeable. She was from Holland, and told us about moving to Bonaire etc.

More Bonaire Reviews Bonaire Port Profile Bonaire Forum
Grenada
Port Rating: Not Rated

our stop was late in the day, at 2 p.m., so we had to rush to see the castle or fort, but it was a beautiful view, then rush to the beach, which was great! Nice hosts, rum punch, sandwiches. Nice bar on the beach with nice washrooms. would have brought my own snorkel next time to be able to do a spontaneous snorkel anywhere. Nice waves to swim in. lovely water. Lots of chairs well spaced. Grenada was one of our favorites.

More Grenada Reviews Grenada Port Profile Grenada Forum
Barbados
Snorkeling Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

this was the most disappointing, as there were no turtles! the guides tried with bait and with banging a buoy, but no turtles! we only saw one swimming alongside the boat as we sailed to another location. Then we tried there, nada, then we could swim to a beach, but it was kind of mangy.....then we had rum punch, so that as always, perks you up a bit. There were nice folks on the cruise, and nice staff - but all in all, this was my least favorite island and least favorite excursion...however the family disagrees with me....!

More Barbados Reviews Barbados Port Profile Barbados Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

Went to Orient Beach. Nice drive, good guide - beach way to crowded - you could hardly walk between chairs - the staff were very hardworking to get everyone accommodated. The lunch was very good - perhaps the best of all the beach excursions. Unfortunately it was really breezy, so our napkins were blowing away - but we made do! The waves are very big on that side of the island - too big to swim that day, at least for me. Whoever developed Orient Beach developed every square inch possible to maximize profits. Yup. I definitely would not go back there - I would try the other side of the island.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
Everglades Tour Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

It was very interesting, and after having heard about the everglades all my life, I just had to see it! the place we stopped at, was a bit low - mid range - and the gater wrestling show after was borderline cheesy!! an experience, but not to be repeated! the Holland America group go to a place that has a zoo rather than gater-wrestling, so that might be more interesting....:)
Also, the tour quite kept waiting for this really slow family, so consequently we were rushed (and cranky) for our flight!

More Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Reviews Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Port Profile Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Forum