Member Reviews

Cruise Date: December 2013
Member Review: LittleMissMagic's Royal Princess Review
Princess Cays
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

Compared to the other private islands I've visited (Royal Caribbean's Labadee and Coco Cay, and Disney's Castaway Cay many moons ago), Princess Cays is definitely the least-developed private island I've visited, and if you're looking for a side-by-side comparison, it is closest in development to Coco Cay. Though it provides a nice beach day where you don't have to take a cab or worry about lunch, it's very basic and really provides just the bare minimum. I think it's important to note that you can't use the soda card for soda on the island (the bartender gave us juice instead) because they don't have the soda dispensers, only cans. That's something really simple that they're lacking. They have basic water rentals and snorkeling, but now that they're bringing the Royal Princess, I think they're going to really need to step up their game and offer more amenities. I know that I'm especially critical, being an architecture major, but I found myself looking at things like their brightly colored cabanas or Christmas wreaths hung half-hazardly under buffet signs and thinking, "Oh, that's cute that you're trying."

More Princess Cays Reviews Princess Cays Port Profile Princess Cays Forum