Member Reviews

Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: bebrbabe's Legend of the Seas Review
St. Kitts
Beach Break Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

We went out to Spice Mill via excursion from the ship, as I wanted to visit Cockleshell Beach and had heard it could be difficult getting a taxi to/from; The beach was nice and my intell was wrong for how easy it would have been to book this excursion on my own! Taxis were easy, don't waste your money on the excursion from the ship;

More St. Kitts Reviews St. Kitts Port Profile St. Kitts Forum
Tortola
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

We had planned to do the Escape to Jost Van Dyke, but it was cancelled due to weather; At the shore excursion desk, the rep was pushing the few available openings on other excursions, none of which were appealing esp due to the cost; I asked he about just getting a taxi to Cane Garden beach and he said "you could maybe get a taxi out there, but getting one to get you back to the ship would be difficult"; This was the same guy I saw on the ever-repeated RC commercials on the stateroom TVs, so am assuming he was in charge at the Shore Excursion desk; Short story: gimme a break! It couldn't have been easier to get to/from Cane Garden; Just stop at the info booth right at the pier and you can get taxi a fixed price with no hassle at all for $8pp each way. I nearly fell for the Royal Ripoff! Won't make that mistake again. Tortola is very friendly and easy to get around: they're British afterall. haha

More Tortola Reviews Tortola Port Profile Tortola Forum
Antigua
Snorkeling Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

We did the Catamaran Cruise with Lobster lunch and had a beautiful day on the ocean under sunny skies with maybe 20 people on the boat in total; The crew is laid back and fun, we stopped at two beautiful beaches for ample time to relax, swim and sun; On one of them, a few wanted to snorkel so they took them out to a reef in a dingy. Didn't look like the safest situation (no life jackets, etc), but everything worked out fine; The lunch was delicious with absolutely HUGE lobsters for everyone, so big I couldn't finish; All in all, a great day;

More Antigua Reviews Antigua Port Profile Antigua Forum