Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > IMACRUISEBUM2's Port Reviews of Los Angeles, Maui, Hilo, Kauai, Ensenada

IMACRUISEBUM2's Port Reviews of Los Angeles, Maui, Hilo, Kauai, Ensenada
Destination: Hawaii
Member Review: IMACRUISEBUM2's Star Princess Review
Los Angeles
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

Easy to find, several hotels very close by that will take you to the ship and pick you up when you return. All within a few blocks. Go on line to book your hotel. We stayed at the Best Western for a very reasonable price and they allowed us to leave our car there for FREE for the in tire 15 days! We drove in from Phoenix AZ.
The Princess Line does have parking, but there is a daily charge! Well worth it! Cars were very safe.
It was easy to find something to eat very close by. This Hotel had A continental breakfast. It was very good!
Many Hotels and or booking agents will supply transportation from air port if you fly in.
definitely come in a DAY EARLY! Delay at airports can and do occur! The ship waits for know body!

More Los Angeles Reviews Los Angeles Port Profile Los Angeles Forum
Maui
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Great port. Very scenic and worth renting a car on this island. ( Mid size car about 20.00)

We MADE ALL are ISLAND arrangements prior to leaving for our trip. VERY Easy to do!

VERY IMPORTANT! FOR PEOPLE LOOKING TO WHALE WATCH! They only migrate over to the islands From December / Jan /Feb. depending on how fast they are traveling their long return journey from Alaska! They come every year to calve their babies, get them ready for the long journey back in June.. Lots of Dolphin's! all the time!
There was no place to comment about the Island of Oahu! Great Island!!!! defiantly go to an authentic traditional outdoor entertainment Hawaiian dinner....... Worth the Money!
What we did was Buy an all day bus ticket! The busses run all over the island, come frequently and are all color coded for easy transfer. This is a private bus transportation. They have double decker busses as well for outstanding picture taking...... This is the best way to see WKIKII !!!!! This island is to big to see in one day. I DON NOT RECOMEND renting a car! Incredible amounts of traffic all day long, very little parking if any! Trust me Do the Bus...... You'll be so happy you did this.. I can say that I did purchase this particular Trolly excursion ( trolley's I think they call them!) on the ship! It was on the Island of Oahu...... It took us everywhere! You can get on and off as much as you want!

More Maui Reviews Maui Port Profile Maui Forum
Hilo
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Rating: Not Rated

Yes a must see for those making this trip..... If you've been there, Try something new!

Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Rating: Not Rated

Absolutely go see the volcano's It is in( National Park) The tour is your best bet! Worth the money if you've not ever been,.. It is active all the time.. This is the YOUNGEST of all the Island, yet the largest!
Very green, and the climb to the mountain tops are very high in elevation BRING A SWEATSHIT if traveling in Oct. Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb. May thru Sept its very humid Anywhere in the Islands!

More Hilo Reviews Hilo Port Profile Hilo Forum
Kauai
Helicopter Tour Rating: Not Rated

absolutely a must! There are 2 different Helicopter company's that do tours. I went with the little more expensive. I ABSOLUTLY DON'T REGRET DOING SO! DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!!! best ever! I could not have spent 210.00 any better! That may seem like a lot of money, keep in mind everything in Hawaii is very expensive....definitely eat before you disembark. If you do choose to get a bite to eat, Get off the beaten path! That goes for any of the Islands! Hope this helps!!!

Wailua River Rating: Not Rated

I have to say this was the most spectacular tour and the best $210.00 dollars I spent on the entire trip!
I booked this tour prior to going! goggled Helicopter tours in Kauai! I went with the slightly more expensive tour, held 5 in the NEW helicopter's. The tour was a little over an hour and a half long and you can PURCHASE YOUR own private tour that you took! You will be given the DVD before you leave! Do some homework folks! absolutely Breathtaking! I have taken other's including airplanes nothing compares! There is not a lot to do on this island by way of driving. I would not rent a car. The Island is 80% uninhibited! A must see by air! There of course lots of little stuff to shop by all the peer's! This Is one of the islands I plan to come back and stay a week! They have a couple Awesome hotels on this island and it is very private...... Breath taking Beauty!

More Kauai Reviews Kauai Port Profile Kauai Forum
Ensenada
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+

This is the one International port of call in Mexico. The ship is required to stop at least one! Anywhere! So they choose Ensenada for this 15 Day Princess Hawaiian Cruise. They is very little to do or see. I think it give the over all experience of Mexico a VERY Bad Name...This town is small, very Poor and many pan handlers' is it safe? ABSOLUTLY! Get off walk around, but don't expect much! There is a few fun little restaurant's!
However, this is an up and coming island! Not a far drive from So. Cal. Lots of people are starting to go there for the beautiful water's, it's still cheap to visit and the town is starting to build and accommodate outside tourism.. This is going to be the New Cabo in a few years!! Keep that in mind when your traveling around!!
Personally, I have no Problem with Mexico, I've had a home in San Carlos, Sea of Cortez for 10 years. I love it there!

More Ensenada Reviews Ensenada Port Profile Ensenada Forum