Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > robergee's Port Reviews of St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Nassau

robergee's Port Reviews of St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Nassau
Norwegian Epic cruise in January 2014
Member Name: robergee
Cruise Date: January 2014
Member Review: robergee's Norwegian Epic Review
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

Beach is great. You need to pay if you want to use a deckchair but it's cheap. This place is very poor and not much to do there other than have a walk on the beach and relax. We didn't take any excursion and if we did, it would probably have been a lot better cause it's pretty boring...

Beach is 4/5
City/shopping is 2/5
Activity is ? as I unfortunately didn't take any

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
St. Thomas
Island Tour Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

We didn't want to make the same mistake we did at St Marteen port so we took 2 excusions! 1st one was to do the Island tour. The trucks they use are Ford F350 with room for around 20 people in the back (special open cab with a roof). The top isn't high enough so for a 6'00 tall and more, it's not easy to look outside while the truck is going... Views are absolutely fantastic and really breathtaking! Views are what makes this excusion value. You will stop in 2-3 shops but this part wasn't special at all. This tour could have been done in 1.5 - 2 hours but with the shopping, it took around 3 hours. I recommand this tour. Downside: You can't hear much with the speakers installed in the back as the driver comments what you are seing on the way.

Scuba - beginner Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

As for the SCUBA diving, it was very fantastic!!!! We had a crash course and then, went on a boat where they split the group into 4 groups of 4-5 people. An instructor then takes specificaly care of his group and make sure they are set to go. In our group, a girl couldn't ajust her hears while going down and the trainer had to take care of her for around 10 minutes. During this period, her boyfriend, my wife and myself were 20-30 feets under and were panicking a bit... you know, first time you breath with a tank is not obvious for the first couple of minutes. I don't think the trainer should have left us by ourself at this time and luckily, my wife and I managed our feelings and we finally ended up having one of our best excursion of our life! Sometimes, you have to go beyond your comfort zone and this is what made this experience exceptionnal. I invite everyone to try this excusion but just make sure you don't loose your trainer if you are with someone having issues... On the other side, I understand that he did his best to have everyone on board but it could have become a nightmare if either my wife or myselft wouldn't have been able to stay in the bottom for 10 minutes wainting by ourselves...

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
Nassau
Speed Boat Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

It was a short excusion and a very good fun for the value. Bring something to hold your sunglasses if you go there otherwise, you will have to buy the strap that they sell for 5$

It's a yellow speed boat that can accomodate around 28 people well strapped and ready to get very wet. The Captain was very fun and he definitely wanted us to have a good trip. The boat can do 90 degrees turn and it swerve at the last minute and all people are getting a wave on the face each time!

It doesn't hurt, don't worry. This activity can be done with kids and they will remember this a long time! I would repeat the experience anytime :)

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum