Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > hscohn's Port Reviews of Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten

hscohn's Port Reviews of Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten
Oasis of the Seas cruise in December 2013
Member Name: hscohn
Cruise Date: December 2013
Member Review: hscohn's Oasis of the Seas Review
Nassau
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+

This stop is ridiculous. 7am-2pm. Either take a quick morning excursion or forget it. The best thing about Nassau is Atlantis which we did the previous week on Carnival Victory which does a full day stop and only needs 5 days for 3 ports. Most of the rides at Atlantis don't open until 10 am. Hello???? Anybody listening. There is a day at sea the next day to get to St Thomas, so what's the rush?

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum
St. Thomas
Scuba - beginner Rating: Not Rated

They got my son certified with the beginner PADI Scuba Diver in only 1 day. Really terrific service.

Scuba - certified Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

They allowed us to go along on my son's certification dives as he was the last one to get his C card.

Scuba Diving Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

We talked to Ana and arranged for a custom Scuba diving excursion. My son was able to get his Padi Scuba Diver certification in just the 1 (long) day. (having read the 1st 3 chapters in the book over the previous week or two). My wife and daughter and I were able to hang out at their beach and pool at the Bluebeard resort while they were doing the pool work and then go on his certification dives with him in the afternoon. The water was about a 5 out of 10 for clarity. Fish about 6 out of 10. Staff 10 out of 10. Coral 7 out of 10. We saw a big lobster, giant puffer fish. Some rays, an eel and a school of giant tarpon. Overall a very nice custom tour that was exactly what we wanted/needed. Transportation and drinks were provided with a smile.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

We went shopping. Walked into town and had a nice time with my wife and daughter. My son chose to sleep in. St Maarten is not know for their snorkeling and with two snorkeling stops and a full day of diving over the previous week the troops were happy to walk around relax.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum