Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > collinsmom4301's Port Reviews of Princess Cays, St. Thomas, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba

Emerald Princess cruise in December 2013
Member Name: collinsmom4301
Cruise Date: December 2013
Member Review: collinsmom4301's Emerald Princess Review
Princess Cays
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

We enjoyed this port but decided that we like half moon Cay, the Holland America private island better. This island was clean with ample seating along the shore. The sand was soft and white and the water was the prettiest turquois one could imagine. The water was rocky by the shore and required you to swim out to an area where I couldn't touch to be away from the rocks. The buffet lunch was similar to other beach buffets we have had on other islands. The staff was equally friendly on the island. My only true complaint was the number of rusty metal beer tops we found in the sand. I put my shoes on in fear of cutting my foot. This island is definitely worth visiting for relaxation. We did not do any of the island excursions. We did rent a clam shall for shade, but they do provide covered chairs further back from the beach shore. They also had a nice kids area with water play area.

More Princess Cays Reviews Princess Cays Port Profile Princess Cays Forum
St. Thomas
Snorkeling Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

We have visited St Thomas multiple times and always find the island to be beautiful with wonderful water and snorkeling. Turquois Beach is the most beautiful beach/water on the island.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
Dominica
Emerald Pool Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

Not my favorite as I don't like to submerge myself in water I can't see the bottom. It was warm and a unique experience however.

Snorkeling Rating: Not Rated

WE snorkeled at Champaign reef and experienced some of the best snorkeling we have ever done. The water was warm and the coral and sea life were spectacular. The bubbles were cool too. It is rocky to get into the water but well worth it.

Ti Tou Gorge Rating: Not Rated

Ti Tou gorge is a must see sight. DO NOT let the cold water deter you or you will miss out on something absolutely beautiful here. Do take a floater or life vest for this adventure.

Trafalgar Falls Rating: Not Rated

Absolutely beautiful nestled high in the rain forest. Another must see on the island

More Dominica Reviews Dominica Port Profile Dominica Forum
Grenada
Snorkeling Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

This was a nice half day snorkel trip. The boat was nice and had ladder access to the water. The staff was pleasant and kept our drinks full. The boat was not over crowded and the snorkeling was good. The pick up location was easy to get to from the pier and they were prompt. I must say that the driving in Grenada was quite frightening. Didn't seem to be many rules. Great day!!

More Grenada Reviews Grenada Port Profile Grenada Forum
Bonaire
Island Tour Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

Took the south end island tour and found it to be rather boring and barren. I would recommend trying the north end tour

Snorkeling Rating: Not Rated

This island offers the best snorkeling in the Caribbean. There are tons of sea life right by the shore. Very nice, clean island.

More Bonaire Reviews Bonaire Port Profile Bonaire Forum
Aruba
Catamaran Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

We did a lunch/snorkel catamaran tour in Aruba. Great snorkeling. Beautiful colored water that is warm.

More Aruba Reviews Aruba Port Profile Aruba Forum