Member Reviews

Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: singelsethc's Crown Princess Review
Curacao
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

Directly near the port unless you do shopping there was not much to see. There was a casino and movie theater in town that was a big tourist draw for them. Central sewage is not real good, the water smelled along one street. Some parts of the Caribbean it's better or worse. It wasn't real bad, but kind of gross in town. You're better of going somewhere if you want to experience what the island has to offer. There was the Blue Curacao factory and an aloe farm here, as well as some other tourist things that could be interesting. But there were no tours available when we got onboard, they were pretty sold out. If you do want to see something, there were guides at port for private tourism. Probably you can experience more than the "cattle run" type things the ship offers, and it seemed fairly safe and nice place that I would feel comfortable using it. But I wouldn't want to be here at night. We had the longest stay here, we didn't set sail until 10 pm. There were some cute restaurants in town if you wanted to experience local cuisine. There is a floating bridge in town, so be mindful of this and wear proper shoes. The streets are cobblestone and uneven.

More Curacao Reviews Curacao Port Profile Curacao Forum
Aruba
Island Tour Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

We did a tour, Island Highlights. We went to some natural formations and a lighthouse, which for the price I thought was a waste of time. The local guide did his best but overall was pretty disappointed. First stop was to Baby Natural Bridge, which is the smaller of 2 natural bridges. Natural rock bridge. The larger bridge washed away 2 wks earlier. There were black rocks there, probably from volcano that were strewn around. And a very small walkway near dangerous tides coming in. Not much to see. Then we visit a rock garden, which was kinda neat and you can walk up to a platform and take pictures. This was the only bathroom break on tour, and like the gross bathroom you find at a gas station in the middle of nowhere. There was no soap! You'd be smart to bring tissue before you leave. Apparently Aruba produces water from the ocean, so it's costly and they charge you for the toilet. Next stop is Lighthouse, and 2 mos ago somebody jumped from the top and now noone can go up and take pictures! I picked this tour because I thought it would be good for pictures, but not real good if highest point of the island (lighthouse) you cannot access for that. Then we have a beach break which was cut short 30 minutes! I can only guess because of their busy schedule that day, even though we paid for more time. Rushed was not real enjoyable. The beach was great too, calm and perfect weather. If you want you can take a taxi or bus back to pier, which seemed pretty accessible because there's major hotels in walking distance. I bought a coffee cup in town. I forgot that the light ones are crap, they're a sand composite. There was better shopping in the terminal. I complained about our tour. There were similar tours, and all of them say "photo opp" for lighthouse. What point is there to go even if it some historical building if you can't go in. Therefore we sat there for 10 minutes, and no worthy pics. The woman at the tour desk was basically saying oh well it's a small island so I'm sorry Maam perhaps there's not much to see. But not tell you about changes to what's available so you can be ripped off $110. There was also a large national park in town, which seemed very interesting.

More Aruba Reviews Aruba Port Profile Aruba Forum