Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > subo123's Port Reviews of Half Moon Cay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

subo123's Port Reviews of Half Moon Cay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Nieuw Amsterdam cruise in December 2013
Member Name: subo123
Cruise Date: December 2013
Member Review: subo123's Nieuw Amsterdam Review
Half Moon Cay
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

I loved this private island with the BEAUTIFUL beach. We did the horseback riding excursion on land, the beach and in the surf. Richie and the staff were all very careful about everyones safety.
I am 63 and have rarely ridden a horse, and haven't done so for probably 30 years. They start you out (English saddles) with a walk around part of the island, then take you down to the beach and walk in the sand. After returning to the corral you take off your shoes, and get on a different horse that is equipped with a water saddle..that's when the real fun begins! The day we were there the surf was a little bit rough so people were trying had to hold on! You wear a little lifebelt so if you fall off in the water no worries! I loved every minute of it! Everyone couldn't have been nicer, attentive to safety and also to having a good time! My only regret is that they told us on the ship not to bring cash as I would like to have tipped them.
Lockers are provided for your belongings at the corral.

Afterwards we rented a clamshell on the beach...it kept blowing over...didn't seem to be able to anchor it very well. The clamshell large enough for 2 people in lounge chairs to enjoy the view but be sheltered from the sun.

Even if you just get off for a swim, the beach was beautiful! There was a long wait to get a tender to return to the ship because everyone was called back an hour early due to big waves.

More Half Moon Cay Reviews Half Moon Cay Port Profile Half Moon Cay Forum
Grand Cayman
Dolphin Swim Rating: Not Rated

I will never forget "Cappy" our dolphin and the opportunity to swim with him. Feeling his nose touch the bottom of your foot and propel you through the water..still brings a smile to my face.
I would do this one again in a heartbeat. The staff was very concerned about your safety and the dolphin's safety. All jewelry must be removed, so leave it on the ship!
I loved it!

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Cozumel
Zip-lining Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

This excursion was for zip-lining and a beach break. I can't be in the sun long and skipped the beach part. I had never zip-lined before. This excursion was more strenuous than the horseback riding or dolphin swim...okay don't laugh the animals were doing the work on those! You have to be able to climb up narrow ladders between each "zip". There were six zips on the circuit and you got to do the circuit twice so that's about 12 x 10' of ladder climbing. The guys were excellent about fitting each person individually, giving us instructions before we started and making sure we were connected to a safety line while waiting on each tower for our turn to zip.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum