Member Reviews

Cruise Date: November 2013
Member Review: NavigatorOTS's Carnival Freedom Review
Cozumel
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

Cozumel is a long island I will say that, we docked at the most southern dock, and I def got in my exercise walking, we went around and shopped at the stores down town and also drank at Senior frogs as my 2 cruise mates where 21 and love the idea of drinking before age here since at 16 or 18 its legal, most of my time on the island was watching them as they were liquored up, but it was fun and being fully Spanish speaking I had fun with the guys teaching them silly words and talking with vendors and negotiating. Cozumel has a lot of stuff to do, and we didn't do much, I have been 6 times so i have done all to be done, pretty much any excursion is great and it’s hard to go wrong with ruins as a history buff. The paid beaches are much nicer than any public ones and you can see where they need a public beach and general cleanup program as lots of trash was limning the road and many abandoned buildings and structures from the hurricane where still very prevalent, here is hoping the cruise lines can inject some more money into more than just the docks and really make the place great.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Grand Cayman
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

Grand Cayman was a very nice island and you tender right into down town, I am a car guy and was excited to see all of the different euro specification cars. Grand Cayman is a very pretty island and has a decent little down town area, it doesn't have much but sights to see down town and the typical shops, however the beaches are pretty as are the water and views. Being a Floridian and hailing from the number one rated beach in the US, I am a bit jaded by beaches and was more excited to see through the waters and that they were blue more than the sand content, but it felt pretty course. If you walk around or taxi there is main shore excursions and snorkeling and diving to do, this island feels very relaxed and I never felt unsafe. Drinks and liquor are not cheap either, and the alcohol purchased goes directly to the ship you dot get to carry it on, which this is the only island I know of that does that, you generally carry it on and check it. Tendering is a bit more annoying than just docking and I must say it does eat almost an hour of your time as you have to be on the ship earlier then it says you are docked, and the ships never early to begin tendering either. I wish they would build a dock, but I do think its prettier especially for photos to see these beautiful ships afloat in that stunning clear blue water, it is my fav thing is to see the cruise ships docked in grand Cayman, I took probably 50 pictures of just our ship.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum