Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > gracie65's Port Reviews of Princess Cays, St. Thomas, St. Maarten

gracie65's Port Reviews of Princess Cays, St. Thomas, St. Maarten
Royal Princess cruise in November 2013
Member Name: gracie65
Cruise Date: November 2013
Member Review: gracie65's Royal Princess Review
Princess Cays
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

Since this is a tender port we didn't rush to get off as I have read reports here where some glitches are still needed to be ironed out. We waited till about 11:00am and went to the appointed location for tender tickets. We only had to wait a few seconds before our tender # was called. DH and I have been here before so knew how beautiful it was. Our other couples in the group it was their first time here and everyone loved it. The weather was hot the water was still warm we couldn't have asked for a better day. After a few mango dacquri's throughout the afternoon we headed back on one of the last tenders.

More Princess Cays Reviews Princess Cays Port Profile Princess Cays Forum
St. Thomas
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

We didn't do a ship excursion tour but instead did this:
I was really worried about what I had planned for the group today. While I did give them the option to go with us or not they all did so trying to please 6 other people is always a issue for me. I'm always worried they will hate it especially when this excursion is a bit pricier then some.
In 2008 I discovered High Pockets Day Sail and this is what we have done every visit to St. Thomas since. My only problem was I had 8 people and the daysails can only take 6 people. Kathleen was wonderful and coordinated with Fantasy Daysail for us to do a tandem sail.
On the morning we arrived she had a taxi meet us just off the ship. He was really easy to spot with a neon pink sign. The 8 of us loaded up and off we went to Red Hook. Once there we had 4 go with each boat. I knew the couple that came with us was loving it from the second they got in the dinghy to get to the sailboat. The other 4 I wasn't so sure. I hadn't prepared them for the dinghy but with a little help they got in then onto the other Sailboat.
The water was a bit choppy due to a tropical system Melissa but as usual Katheleen did not disappoint she took us to an area where it was surrounded by islands and very little water movement. We got to snorkel around a coral reef. Up until now I hadn't been able to tell if the other two couples were having a good time or not. Well, lo and behold my other friend who can't swim was in the ocean. She was in the middle of a life vest and loving it. Her husband pretty much jumped off the boat before it stopped he was so excited so I knew they were having a great time.
It was the other couple I was worried about who pretty much are die hard Oasis Class and compare everything to it but much to my surprise they were having a great time too. These 4 even got on the sailboat saying they might want to go in earlier. Well when the time came for them to stay or go guess what? They stayed.
Kathleen then took us to another area where the water was even calmer. I just went out with a noodle this time and myself and the other lady with me swam over to the other boat. Guess what? My non-swimming friend was in the water again. After we got back to our boat against the current, they decide to tell us we had a Barracuda under us. I can't remember exactly where we were but there is evidently a barracuda named George that hangs out there. I did a limb check had had all my arms, legs fingers and toes so I guess he must be friendly!!!LOL
On the way back to Red Hook Kathleen serves homemade Rum Cake. The other did cookies so we were all holding up our rum cake to the other boat.
We arrived back to Red Hook, our same taxi driver was there to take us back. It had been another wonderful sail and hated to say goodbye.
We got back to the port about an hour before we were to depart and walked around the shops and back to the ship.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

Again we did our own tour here with Bernard. This was our second time with him. I had requested Bernard but when we got there he had broken his leg so he had us all arranged with Sugar. We had a great time considering it was overcast and windy all day. Sugar and our bus driver Eddie were great, they still made it fun. the highlight was Maho Beach to see the planes come in.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum