Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > BluesCruise's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Labadee

BluesCruise's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Labadee
Grandeur of the Seas cruise in November 2013
Member Name: BluesCruise
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Baltimore
Member Review: BluesCruise's Grandeur of the Seas Review
Cozumel
Mayan Ruins Rating: 1.0 out of 5+

I purchased a "Tour of Tulum with Beach Break" for Cozumel. The ferry to/from Playa del Carmen was not a problem. Once we arrived, however, we had to walk quite a few blocks to board our bus. Some of the older and less able-bodied people had a hard time with that, and it was unexpected. Our tour guides were friendly enough, but once we got to Tulum, things went bad. We were told that the guided tour would be about 30-45 minutes, and then we would have about 30 minutes of free time to walk around the site and take pictures. The tour guide named Patricio was terrible. We followed him to the site, and he had us stand in the shade just inside the gate, and he talked on and on about the Mayans in general. He pointed to nearby stones and talked about what used to be on that spot. He was sweating profusely, and while other tours were walking around the site, from building to building, we seemed rooted in our shady spot. We finally started walking, and he stopped again, and talked a long time, but didn't really say much about the buildings there at the site. Finally, someone mentioned that we needed to get back to the bus soon. He had talked the whole time, so we never got time to walk around and take pictures. Poor time management! He briskly led us past the major buildings, still didn't tell us ANYTHING about them, and continued walking, out of the park and back to the parking lot. Most of us were on the bus on time, but the tour guides and a few passengers remained in the gift shop another 20 minutes or so. We were late leaving, so we were late to our beach break. We had a decent buffet lunch, and some people spent about 30 minutes on the beach. Then, we got back on the bus. The bus driver couldn't maneuver the bus out of the parking lot into the narrow street. He went back and forth, trying different angles. About 25 minutes later, we finally got moving. We had to park the bus where we had boarded, so some people paid for pedi-cabs back to the ferry and the rest of us had to follow the tour guide, briskly walking the several blocks pack to the pier. We arrived back at the Grandeur an hour after it was supposed to leave, and had to endure the walk of shame, with other passengers jeering at us about being late and holding up the ship. Thank goodness it waited for us. What a lousy tour! I had to go home and google Tulum to find out what the major buildings there were. I complained and was given a 30% refund, but what a waste of my day in Cozumel that was.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Grand Cayman
Island Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

It was a 2 hour tour in a van. We went to Hell and back, spent some time at the Turtle Farm or Dolphin Discovery, sampled rum and rum cake, and learned a little about the island. $20.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Falmouth
Port Rating: Not Rated

I've been to Jamaica many times, and the ship's excursions in Jamaica seemed very expensive to me. I just got off the ship and walked around the "pop-up port". It was clean and pretty, and didn't really look like it belonged on the island. I started walking toward the gate out of the port area, but it didn't look like a place I wanted to go alone, so I went back to the ship.

More Falmouth Reviews Falmouth Port Profile Falmouth Forum
Labadee
Port Rating: Not Rated

I went to the beach with a couple of other ladies. We went to the far end of things and had a wonderful shady spot for our chairs, with the water just steps away. Unfortunately, the buffet nearest our spot was not opened, so we had to leave paradise to get some lunch, which wasn't all that good.

More Labadee Reviews Labadee Port Profile Labadee Forum