Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Ottawaclown's Port Reviews of Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios

Ottawaclown's Port Reviews of Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios
Carnival Freedom cruise in November 2013
Member Name: Ottawaclown
Cruise Date: November 2013
Member Review: Ottawaclown's Carnival Freedom Review
Key West
Pub Crawl Rating: Not Rated

To start this was a walking tour. You don't need to worry it's not a lot of walking. Just very casual. Tour guide will stop and give a bit of history on Key West as well as the next Bar you will be attending. They will let you know what your tickets are good for before you arrive at each bar. You spend about 20 minutes at each place and once you reach the last one you are good to go at any time.
Tour started slow but once you got a few drinks everyone started mingling and having fun. Myself and my group had an amazing time during this excursion and highly recommend it.

More Key West Reviews Key West Port Profile Key West Forum
Grand Cayman
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

If you are thinking of doing a Beach Day don't bother booking with Carnival. Not something I usually recommend however Grand Cayman is very safe area and beaches are very close to port. We took a cab to a new bar called Surf Side Beach recommended by our driver. Cost was $5.00 per person each way. There was NO CHARGE to access the beach. They had rental place for all your needs and a restaurant and bar with DJ playing awesome music. What we did is we walked up the beach for about 20 - 25 minutes and found a nice quiet place with probably nice beach area. We swam there in the ocean for about 1.5 hours and then headed back to the restaurant and bar to take in some lunch and drinks.

We finally left there early afternoon and headed back to the boat. We enjoyed this a lot and it was much cheaper than any beach excursion that we could of booked with Carnival.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Ocho Rios
Beach Break Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

The excursion was Dunn's River Falls with shopping and beach break at Bamboo Beach Club. We started off on a bus ride to Dunn's River Falls with our wonderful tour guides Deandra and Kemone who I believe work with the Bamboo Beach Club. Our guides gave us some directions and information about Jamaica on our way to the falls. Once we got there they organized us and off we went. The falls were amazing and a must see even if you just walk along side of them. My wife completed the walk up even though she was terrified. A good tip when they take through the market after the falls on your way to your bus listen to what your guides tell you and there won't be any problem. I had read a lot of bad reviews about how aggressive they were but I actually didn't find it bad at all. I simply didn't take anything that was offered to me, didn't get into any conversation and tried to avoid eye contact if possible. A couple of time I gave them a firm NO as we were instructed since if you give them a firm NO they will not bother you.
After the falls we were off to do some shopping which was right outside of the port. There is only a few shops which are your typical port shops. Nothing exciting but I didn't care I wanted to get to the beach. The stop was for only 20 minutes which was more then enough and didn't hear any complaints from anyone.
We were then off to Bamboo Beach Club. At first glance not what I was expecting but after a few rum punches and beers everything was good. Things to remember here the put you with your group if you want to wander off let your guides know where you are so they can find you for drinks and food. If you wander off and don't tell them don't complain they didn't server you anything. We received plenty to drink and eat. The Jamaica food was amazing. We then got treated to some dancing by all the tour guides from each groups as well as some authenticate Jamaican style dancing with dancers that are part of the club. As we were leaving we were greeted with another big tray of drinks for the road. This tour was worth every penny. The only thing I can say is the down fall is there are so many people to tip. (Tour guides, bus driver (although I think we were the only ones to tip him), the people helping you up the falls, the guy taking the video tape as you are going up the falls) Tip bring extra money for all the tipping.

Dunn's River Falls Rating: Not Rated