Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > ScottHerman's Port Reviews of Freeport, Nassau, Port Canaveral

ScottHerman's Port Reviews of Freeport, Nassau, Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: ScottHerman's Carnival Ecstasy Review
Freeport
Dolphin Swim & Encounter Rating: Not Rated

It was incredible! We had a good long time with our dolphin. My wife and I got to interact with the dolphin together, which was nice. You could tell the trainers were very kind to the dolphins and they were incredibly knowledgeable. I loved the shuttle ride to the dolphin encounter, because the driver talked constantly about life in the Bahamas. It was a very positive experience. Freeport had a small-town atmosphere, and I really enjoyed it.

More Freeport Reviews Freeport Port Profile Freeport Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

This was my least favorite stop. It was a party and shopping town, but I can see where some people would like that. I'm something of an insomniac, and when I was up at 3:00 am on a Tuesday night, you could hear the party still going. You couldn't walk through the port without women high-pressuring the women to give them braids, which is kind of funny because the Mrs. wears a bob. We took a taxi to the beach, and the traffic was very thick, even in the middle of the day. The beach wasn't a lot different from anything in Florida. Overall, it was a very city feeling. If you're looking for a party, you'd probably love Nassau. It wasn't for me, a rather laid-back older guy.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum
Port Canaveral
Port Rating: Not Rated

It's interesting to watch how the ports work. We really enjoyed the dolphins playing in the port. It was our first time seeing a baby dolphin in the wild. This was our disembarkation point. I will say the Customs agent was a little snotty. Getting back was basically an interrogation. I have a thick Tennessee accent, and he was quite zealous of proving our citizenship. I understand he has a job to do, but I think it was a little overboard. For example, having to explain our souvenir t-shirts. If we were smuggling, does he think we would have told him we were smuggling? I gathered he hated his job, and he went out of his way to be unpleasant. Of course, I may be painting the whole situation with a broad brush, based on one disgruntled employee. One thing I would do differently: I would get passports instead of traveling with driver's license and birth certificate, which we did. I noticed people with passports moved quicker.

More Port Canaveral Reviews Port Canaveral Port Profile Port Canaveral Forum