Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > PDC55's Port Reviews of Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

PDC55's Port Reviews of Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Carnival Magic cruise in October 2013
Member Name: PDC55
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Galveston
Member Review: PDC55's Carnival Magic Review
Montego Bay
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

I know that a lot of people like Jamaica but I'm not one of them. I did the Zip Line on a previous cruise and it was a lot of fun except be prepared to climb a lot. This time we just opted to go ashore to the stores at the pier to get some Blue Mountain coffee and get back on the boat. This is the first time I've done this and it was kind of nice having the ship mostly empty. No lines on the Lido deck.

More Montego Bay Reviews Montego Bay Port Profile Montego Bay Forum
Grand Cayman
Snorkeling Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

I had been on this excursion before with same company but we went to Coral Gardens this time. Lots of fish and they gave us squid to feed the fish so we had tons of them coming up. Water was a bit rough and boat crew took extra time to help the older customers enjoy snorkeling.

Stingray Swim Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

I have done the stingrays before but my cruise partner hadn't so I went again. We had a small group (14) and mostly older. I would caution everyone that when the boat is moving it's not such a good idea to be running around the boat and up and down the ladder. Saw a lady in her 70s take a pretty nasty fall when the boat bounced and she slipped coming down the ladder. I felt that the tour operators should have issued that caution but they didn't seem to be paying much attention. Other than that it was great and I love feeding the stingrays.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Cozumel
Aqua Twister Rating: Not Rated

We did the Twister and Passion Island excursion. Loved, loved, loved the Twister. Santiago and Willy made sure that we were all soaked both coming and going. Passion Island is a beautiful white sand beach and no shoes required. Food was good but drinks not so much. A little watered down for my taste. My only con was that the employees go a little overboard with almost begging for tips. I always tip but I know there are a lot that don't but I don't care to hear that your family relies on our money to eat over and over. I had a great time and will go again the next time I'm there.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum