Member Reviews

Cruise Date: October 2013
Member Review: Pink35's Allure of the Seas Review
Nassau
Atlantis Aquaventure Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

We got there at 8:00 AM. However, most of the rides at Aquaventure were not open until 10 AM--including 2 popular water slides and the lazy river. We had to be back on the Cruise ship at 12:30 PM. So, we only had about 2 hours for rides. I felt that Atlantis allows the cruise ship passengers to come in the morning, so it does not distract there hotel guests. They want the cruise ship business, so that it encourages future hotel guest visitor bookings. However, I feel that if Atlantis has cruise ship visitors arriving at 8:00 AM in the morning, then ALL rides at AquaAdventure should be open at 8:00 AM--no exceptions. Especially, since we are paying $138.00 per person to come and use there water slides. The dolphin experience was okay. They could have had less talking introduction in a hot room, and more interactive education outside in the water with the dolphins. The picture package prices were ridiculously expensive. They would not allow you to use your own camera. I have no picture with the dolphins, because I refused to pay $70.00 for the smallest package. The Dig and some of the aquariums need more cleaning and maintenance. Also, just to highlight, the town around Atlantis is really run down. I felt that even if I came back to Atlantis as a hotel guest, that it would not be a safe area. Some of the locals mentioned there is a lot of theft and break ins. The cruise line had sent a special message letting them know of recent security issues in the town of Nassau, and urged passengers to take cruise line organized excursions only--for safety. I strongly felt the cruise line was correct. I would strongly advise future travelers in this area to not organize any excursions outside of the cruise line!!!

Dolphin Encounter Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum
St. Thomas
Beach Break Rating: Not Rated

All the St John excursions were booked with the cruise line. I had researched briefly on google what to do to get to St John without cruise line assistance. We took a taxi from cruise ship to Red Hook--about 30-35 minute drive and cost $11.00 per person plus tip each way. Then we purchased a round trip water ferry ticket from Red Hook to St John--cost $28.00 for two people. Runs on the top of every hour. It was 15 minutes by Ferry to St John. Then we caught a taxi at ferry port to Trunk Bay--cost $6.00 per person plus tip each way. It is a US National Park Beach, so there is a $4.00 per person adult admission price. There are restrooms and clean water showers. Beach is only open until 4:30 PM each day. There were refreshments available to purchase. You can also rent chairs. I do not think we ended up spending a whole lot more than the cruise line passengers excursions.

Trunk Bay was amazing!!! Crystal Clear water, white powder soft sand beaches, and a guided snorkeling path. I had my own equipment, however, I think there was equipment available to rent. The temperature in St. John was cooler than St John. It is also far less crowded. We actually caught up with the cruise line passenger excursion. However, since we went independently, we were able to spend more time at the beach :))

Snorkeling Rating: Not Rated

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
St. Martin
Island Tour Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

We signed up for an excursion that would have us stop at a beach on the Dutch side, and a beach on the French side of the Island--St Martin Sensational SM125. We also got 1 hour of shopping in Marigot, and had a BBQ lunch provided. Total excursion was 6.5 hours. They ended up stopping at only 1 beach--Orient Beach. There were several Locals at the beach trying to sell things to us. We could not even relax or see the beach itself because we constantly had people standing in front us trying to sell us things. Whether you told them kindly or more forcefully to leave us alone--they never went away!!! I am submitting feedback to RCL. Hopefully, they can send a cruise line shore excursion employee in disguise as a cruise passenger to investigate this excursion. I felt like we were ripped off!

More St. Martin Reviews St. Martin Port Profile St. Martin Forum