Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > TwinDani's Port Reviews of Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau

TwinDani's Port Reviews of Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau
Carnival Splendor cruise in October 2013
Member Name: TwinDani
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: TwinDani's Carnival Splendor Review
Grand Turk
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

This is a beautiful island. The beach is very rocky. I think we picked the wrong side to sit on because the other side we noticed once we were getting back on the ship looked less rocky. We sat to the right of the boat I think the left side was much better. I went into the water and stayed about 5 minutes. I was wearing water shoes but hit my food on a rock and it hurt so bad I said ok no more water. One of my daughters also didn’t like the water there so we stayed out and played in the sand. They had waitress getting drinks from MargaritaVille. If you bought the souvenir cup for $12 it came with free refills of soft drinks/lemonade. It was a great deal. You could also go into the bar yourself and get a refill. After the beach we did some shopping. There were some good little shops and the prices weren’t bad.

More Grand Turk Reviews Grand Turk Port Profile Grand Turk Forum
Half Moon Cay
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

This is the best beach I have ever been on. The sand is so soft and the water is crystal clear. This was my favorite port day by far. The staff was carnival staff and they were really nice. The Barbeque lunch was also really good and many selections and a lot of fresh fruit. They had drink Machines on this island for lemonade and iced tea. We rented a clam shell shade and it was really nice to have. I would recommend that to anyone. You have to get them fast though because they do sell out. Getting to the island was a breeze and it was faster than they said it would be. My kids loves this Island and the water. Carnival staff took many photos on the beach. It was all around a wonderful day.

More Half Moon Cay Reviews Half Moon Cay Port Profile Half Moon Cay Forum
Nassau
Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience Rating: 1.0 out of 5+

We wanted to book the excursion to Blue Lagoon Island but we were told by the excursion desk that not enough people were booked so they were not going to do it. We asked what was a comparable excursion and he said Balmoral Island. He said it was a Carnival Island. He said it was better and took half the time 20 minutes or less. My family booked it. When we went to the boat to go over to the island I was shocked because it was very small for the amount of people. They crammed us onto this boat. It was very hard to get on and off of the boat. People who were handicapped had a really hard time since it was a high step to get on and you had to duck your head. The staff was unorganized and not very helpful. It took us 45 minutes to get to Balmoral Island. It was a rocky ride and most people felt very sick. Once we got there we saw a lot of beach chairs and umbrellas. The sand was beautiful and so was the water. Unfortunately my group and many others did not stay in the ocean because it was very rocky. Also there was sea glass, and fish hooks. Most people stayed out of the ocean. We found a small pool on the Island and stayed there. We opted to get lunch package. The lunch was good but the staff was rude. Our waitress was not happy that we all ordered the same lunch accept for one person in our party. After the food came she never came back again for drink orders. This island did take the sail and sign card.so that was easy. Everything was very expensive on this island. When booking the excursion and while on the boat we were told we would have plenty of time to do some shopping and then go back to the boat. We had no time at all. We returned to the port at 3:15 pm and had to be back to the ship at 3:30 pm. We were told by the staff that getting back was much easier to get off the boat. That was 100% wrong. The location they docked was awful. You had to step off onto a small piece of concrete and then had to either climb over a 3 foot wall or walk along the thin ledge and step over a rope that was lifted in the air. It was extremely dangerous and scary. I had kids with me that I climbed over with. My mother was very scared she walked along the ledge. She was unable to climb over a wall. It was a bad day and not what was expected. When we returned to the ship I spoke to someone at the excursion desk. He slipped and said this island was not complete but it should not have been this bad. I really wanted to say how unsafe this was because safety to me is number one. He did refund us ½ the price of the excursion. I was told by Carnival that this excursion is not a Carnival Island that Carnival is the only line that uses this excursion but it is not owned by Carnival. The excursion desk told us this was a Carnival owned Island. I felt there was a lot of communication problems.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum