Member Reviews

Embarkation: Galveston
Member Review: Thecrush's Carnival Magic Review
Roatan
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

We took a private tour with Rony's tours and loved every minute. We delivered some school supplies to local neighborhood children, visited a grocery store to buy some candy for our kids to take to school as souvenirs, went to the Bodden Monkey farm, had lunch at Cannibal Café, saw several scenic lookouts, and swam in the water at West Bay Beach. We had booked an excursion to sit on the beach at Mahogany Bay, but the excursion was canceled because we docked at Coxen Hole due to a technical issue.

The trip was still wonderful and Roatan was the surprise of our trip. We really loved interacting with the locals, and everyone was so nice. We really enjoyed our day with Rony's tours and would love to do it again some time.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

We spent our day in Cozumel at Nachi Cocum. This is my third time to the private club, and each time I have had Carlos as our waiter. He does a fantastic job, and the club is awesome. My kids (16, 11, and 8) loved the large pool (complete with swim up bar) while I hung out in the whirlpool when I wasn't in the water. The sand here is very coarse, and the water has lots of rocks and seaplants so the kids don't enjoy the water as much as I do. In addition, it can be difficult to get out of the water, as the beach is short and a little steep, where the waves hit the shore. It's not terrible, but can be tough at times.

When you arrive, you are given a palapa and lounger, and the wait staff will provide you a menu. The nachos, tacos, and ceviche are my favorites, and I also love their Mexican Cheesecake. yum!

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum