Member Reviews

Cruise Date: October 2013
Member Review: sailorx2's Carnival Breeze Review
Tortola
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

One big thing to pass on. Tortola is like no other Island. I walked through the stalls in the small shopping area and not one person grabbed me or started showing me stuff. The shopkeepers kept their distance and after a few minutes, one of them said, "If you need assistance, let me know." I bought 2 beautiful shirts and thanked them for not being pushy. The folks is the main shopping area were also gracious and helpful. The quick tour we took showed a beautiful island that is laid back with people that are happy to stop and talk to you. Carnival would do well to add Tortola to their "must stop" islands.

In case your are wondering, we noticed the real estate is still depressed and there are lots of places for sale. A one bedroom, one bath condo on the ocean goes for 150K USD. Interior homes, 5-10 minutes from the beach, in small villages, are well below 100K and near 50K.

More Tortola Reviews Tortola Port Profile Tortola Forum