Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Shelly196731's Port Reviews of Belize City, Cozumel, Roatan, Grand Cayman

Shelly196731's Port Reviews of Belize City, Cozumel, Roatan, Grand Cayman
Carnival Liberty cruise in October 2013
Member Name: Shelly196731
Cruise Date: October 2013
Member Review: Shelly196731's Carnival Liberty Review
Belize City
Xunantunich Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Getting off the ship and onto the tour bus was quick and organized. The trip took about 2 hours, but it really didn't seem like it. The guide kept us entertained by telling us about Belize, past, present and future. Once we arrived, the ruins were amazing and I loved hearing the history of the site, how it was discovered and the work that is currently going on there. Unless you are snorkeling or diving, there isn't much to do in Belize City. I loved this tour and was impressed with the Guide and the sites.

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

As suggested by many reviewers, instead of a shore excursion, we picked up a taxi at the pier. I was a little disappointed on how expensive it is to obtain a taxi ($80 for 3 hours, but they wanted $90). The Mayan ruins at this site was a wonderful experience, but did you know that Cozumel has a chocolate factory? It is a small, family owned business and we booked the chocolate factory tour on-line. I loved hearing the history of chocolate and how coco butter is produced and about white chocolate. The beaches here were beautiful and if I had one regret, it would be that we didn't bring our swim suits and snorkel between the ruins and the Chocolate Factory tour.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Roatan
Beach Day Rating: Not Rated

After climbing the ruins in Belize, this was a relaxing day. I snorkeled for the first time and enjoyed the beautiful waters. I loved coming over on the Magic chairs and the view of the port.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Grand Cayman
Island Tour Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

Unfortunately, we got stuck with a pathetic tour guide who told us very little about the island. I loved Pedro Saint James and the tour guide there told us more about the island in 1/2 hour than our guide did in 4 hours. He didn't offer very much information about the town of "Hell" (is this a real town or just a tourist place), nor did he offer history of the island. I asked him about pirates and he said all he knew was that there was a festival head each year for them. I liked the places we stopped, but I felt he could have told me more about the island.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum