Member Reviews

Destination: Alaska
Member Review: celticspirit's Westerdam Review
Seattle
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

Seattle stunned me with its food, options and ambiance! I had been there about 25 years ago and was looking for an Alaska cruise out of Vancouver for new experiences. The flight costs changed that quickly. So, I set about rediscovering Seattle. Superb food! So many interesting options for museums and experiences. I can't encourage folks enough to explore Seattle on their way north.

More Seattle Reviews Seattle Port Profile Seattle Forum
Ketchikan
Seaplane Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

Ketchikan is it's perennial rainy self. It has a few quaint spots, but I think it is the place to get out of town! Due to a major port diversion, we ended up with more time here. I splurged on a floatplane trip into Misty Fjords at the last minute and was not disappointed. Value for the money? Not so sure.
However, Misty Fjords is stunning! Flying over serene mountain lakes with myriad waterfalls running down mountain sides to the sea ....

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum