Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > krazymoi's Port Reviews of Naples, Rome (Civitavecchia), Florence (Livorno), Marseille, Palma de Mallorca

Norwegian Epic cruise in September 2013
Member Name: krazymoi
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Member Review: krazymoi's Norwegian Epic Review
Naples
Amalfi Coast Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

We did the Amalfi Coast/Pompeii from Naples. A good tour but very long and exhausting. Lots of driving and fast paced but Pompeii was great to see. We had Luigi who was an archeologist and really knowledgeable.

Naples itself was dirty and there didn't seem to be any reason I would go back there.

More Naples Reviews Naples Port Profile Naples Forum
Rome (Civitavecchia)
Vatican Museums Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

Rome/Vatican tour - this was an expensive tour and I'm glad I saw it even though I consider it "Drive by Vatican" tour. It was extremely crowded as the Pope speaks on Wednesday am and there were thousands of people crammed into the spaces. We barely had time to stop during the tour to take pictures and we walked elbow to elbow through the entire tour with many, many other groups. The Sistine Chapel was something I'm glad I saw but I would never do this tour again. An hour and 45 minutes just to get to Rome from port and then 5 hours running through everything. Do not do this tour if you aren't comfortable in a really crowded situation and aren't able to walk for 5 hours without a break. Skip it and go to on a Thursday in January when you can actually enjoy it

More Rome (Civitavecchia) Reviews Rome (Civitavecchia) Port Profile Rome (Civitavecchia) Forum
Florence (Livorno)
Florence Walking Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

Florence on your own - so glad we did this one on our own. It was still lots of driving in the bus but we were lucky with an amazing tour guide before we got there who gave us tons of info. Still a very long day of walking and we didn't wait in the lines to see the great works of art. Was sorry to miss those but there just wasn't time.

More Florence (Livorno) Reviews Florence (Livorno) Port Profile Florence (Livorno) Forum
Marseille
Marseille Tour Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

Marseille - I changed this since we didn't get into port until 1pm and the tour would have ended at 6 (we had Cirque reservations at 6:30). We did the easy Marseille tour which was okay. Some time on our own but the tour guide was reading the notes rather than being knowledgeable

More Marseille Reviews Marseille Port Profile Marseille Forum
Palma de Mallorca
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

Majorca - this time I didn't book anything and we simply paid the $12/each for the shuttle from the ship into town. Nice day and okay to walk around but there were many shops closed (due to lack of business?) and the others were shops like Guess that I really don't need to see in Spain. I probably could have missed this stop and stayed on the ship at the pool.

More Palma de Mallorca Reviews Palma de Mallorca Port Profile Palma de Mallorca Forum