Member Reviews

Destination: Bermuda
Member Review: LounVal's Norwegian Dawn Review
Boston
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Our one port was Bermuda. Bermuda is a beautiful place. Their beaches are breathtaking especially on the South Shore (the pink sand beaches). The South Shore has a series of beaches running a couple miles along the shoreline with amazing rock formations jutting out of the water and cliffs along the coast.. We got off the ship and got a bus /ferry pass and rode to Horseshoe Bay. There were restrooms and food and drinks. We could not believe how beautiful the beach rocks and water was. The water was crystal clear and a perfect temperature. We hiked down through the other beaches to Warwick Long Bay. At one point we came across a couple and the fella said he had been jumping off this cliff into the ocean. I had to try it. Mistake number 2! I hit the bottom, luckily I landed on my ass, but it's still sore.
Unfortunately, we our first two days there were Sunday and Labor and just about every place was closed. But we still had fun. Make sure you go to St George and see the dunking of the wench. They do it every day at noon. It is a great production and if you are lucky you may get picked as a dunker, like me!
We also made a stop at the Crystal Cave. If you go to Crystal Cave ask if Ron is working and try to get on his tour. This guy was priceless; part tour guide, part story teller, part comedian. Half the time he sounded like Boris Karloff, whether that was what he was going for I don't know but he was a hoot.
Take the ferry whenever you can over the bus. The bus drivers we had were crazy. One of them made a sudden stop and everyone really got a jolt. One lady fell off her seat into the aisle. He turned around and started yelling at her! Why are you on the floor? What's the matter with you? You can't seat in a seat? You need a seatbelt? No one else fell on the floor. Why are you on the floor? I don't understand you. Not once did he ask if she was okay. It was the craziest thing I ever saw. She didn't say a word. She just got back up in her seat.

More Boston Reviews Boston Port Profile Boston Forum