Member Reviews

Cruise Date: September 2013
Member Review: sswartz26's Carnival Victory Review
Ocho Rios
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
Not very thrilled with Jamaica....it doesn't "feel" safe and people approach you right out of the gates of the port to have your hair braided or buy a necklace, or ganga(pot). We were asked by no less than 20 people about getting hair braided in a 1 block area. It stormed for like 3 hrs, so that limited out time. It just has a seedy look to it. Aside from Dunns River Falls, I don't see anything that would draw me back there. If I go on another cruise and it stops in Jamaica, I will stay on the ship.

More Ocho Rios Reviews Ocho Rios Port Profile Ocho Rios Forum
Grand Cayman
Beach Break Rating: 5+ out of 5+

We went on the All Inclusive Tiki Beach excursion- It was GREAT...the facilities were clean, the food was very good, the beach was wonderful. There is a great snorkeling reef just off shore and I saw no less than 10 different species of fish. It was not crowded at all and I would not hesitate to purchase this excursion again.

Grand Cayman is a great Port of Call and everything is clean, you don't get hassled for things, shopping is real close to the port.
This is a tender port, but they have 4 tender boats, so it does not take long at all.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum