Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > navigare-con-me's Port Reviews of Palermo, Palma de Mallorca, Ibiza, Villefranche, Genoa

MSC Orchestra cruise in August 2013
Member Name: navigare-con-me
Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Member Review: navigare-con-me's MSC Orchestra Review
Palermo
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+

MSC Cruises needs to drop this port from the itinerary. This city is ugly, dirty and very poor! I took a city tour and they made us go thru the flea market, which is in a ghetto where people are so poor and dirty that they live in tin houses! Unbelievable! Nothing exciting to see there. It would be better to stop in Salerno with a tour to Amalfi/Capri, or in Cefalu and tour the roman ruins. Please drop Palermo!

More Palermo Reviews Palermo Port Profile Palermo Forum
Palma de Mallorca
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

Awesome city! I would love to go back!

More Palma de Mallorca Reviews Palma de Mallorca Port Profile Palma de Mallorca Forum
Ibiza
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

A fantastic resort island! Loved the beaches, tapas bars, the old town and the night life!

More Ibiza Reviews Ibiza Port Profile Ibiza Forum
Villefranche
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

This is a great stop because it allows you to go to either Monte Carlo (which I did) or Nice. Both cities are spectacular and definitely worth visiting!

More Villefranche Reviews Villefranche Port Profile Villefranche Forum
Genoa
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

I also loved this port because you can either stay in Genoa and tour the city, or take a train to Portofino, which is about 1.5 hours away. I did not have enough time to get to Portofino because of poor planning on my part, but made it to Santa Margarita, which is also a very nice villa on the Italian coast. This port is a keeper!

More Genoa Reviews Genoa Port Profile Genoa Forum