Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > renee_t's Port Reviews of Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria

renee_t's Port Reviews of Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria
Destination: Alaska
Member Review: renee_t's Grand Princess Review
Juneau
Photo Safari Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

The was the first part of the same tour. We had a photo instructor who took us in a small 14 passenger bus into the rain forest area near Mendenhall glacier. He suggested that we change the brochure-described .75 mile hike to a much longer hike. I was afraid to object even though I knew it would be a problem for me. My arthritic knees were bothering me a great deal. The photo instructions were great, the hike was just too strenuous.

Whale Watching Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Excellent, small group experience. Only 14 passengers in a small, fast boat. Knowledgeable small boat operator and an excellent tour operator along as well. Tour operator provided excellent insights into the skills needed to photograph whales. He suggested camera tips and trips to use in the environment. He even helped individual guests one-on-one with their particular camera questions. We had excellent whale sightings as well as other marine mammal sightings.

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Skagway
White Pass Scenic Railway Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

It was a beautiful ride. The cars a wonderful. The narration is great. I'd take this ride again. It was fun to be let off the train in town so we could independently explore.

More Skagway Reviews Skagway Port Profile Skagway Forum
Ketchikan
Lumberjack Show Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

This was a silly diversion. It was great that is was so close to the pier. Of course, nobody had any control over this, but it was fantastic that it was a beautiful sunny day -- our only sunny port on this trip. The Show was corny and fun.

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum
Victoria
Horse-Drawn Carriage Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

This was more fun than I was expecting it to be! Even on a crummy, rainy day, we had a very good time. The Carriages are very comfortable, with covered tops, and blankets for the passengers. We saw all the sights of Victoria at a lovely, slow pace and toured neighborhoods I'd probably never have seen otherwise. We received bus shuttle tickets as part of the deal, so we were able to return to downtown to continue our visit on foot. Victoria is a charming city and I wish we'd had more time there.

More Victoria Reviews Victoria Port Profile Victoria Forum