Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > RavensFans1120's Port Reviews of St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba, Curacao

RavensFans1120's Port Reviews of St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba, Curacao
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: RavensFans1120's Jewel of the Seas Review
St. Thomas
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

I have been to St. Thomas several times so we really didn't need to see anything. We stopped at the local Kmart to pick up some items and then look in the little shops by the ship.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
St. Kitts
Island tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

We booked with Thurmond Grey tour he was wonderful only $48 per person and he had us for over 5 hours. We saw the entire island including the Fort and a beautiful flower and plant garden. He then took us to a beach Shipwreck Cove and we were not fond of it seemed dirty and unkept. So we all decided to go back to the ship. St. Kitts is a poorer island but has potential. The monkeys out number people. I was able to see some in the wild but people trap them and try and make some money off them by making people pay for a picture. I did not do this.

More St. Kitts Reviews St. Kitts Port Profile St. Kitts Forum
Aruba
Island Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

So so so so beautiful. We took a tour with someone by the port it was $15 per person and he took us all around the island to see it. I was so surprised by the fact that in the middle of the island away from the beach it is like a desert. Catus and rocks were everywhere. I would have loved to gone snorkeling here but you had to go out by a catameran the beaches were too busy with boats to see anything. Also I talked to another couple who said the water was cloudy where they went out snorkeling.

More Aruba Reviews Aruba Port Profile Aruba Forum
Curacao
Snorkeling Rating: 5+ out of 5+

We booked this last minute but I was so glad we did. We took about a half hour drive from the ship to pick up another small boat on the island. From there it took us on a short ride where we went to a sunken tug boat. It was so clear and fish everywhere. The instructors were really nice as well. My husband is not a big fan of the water so he stayed on the boat while I snorkeled. After getting back on the boat we had rum punch and a slice of watermelon. They also served a hot pocket looking thing that was either filled with cheese or beef they were deep fried so really good!

The scenery in Curacao is like no other we loved all the pastel buildings and things to see. The moving bridge kind of freaked me out it swings from side to side for ships to pass through. However if you get stuck on one side then there is a ferry that is free that will take you back.

More Curacao Reviews Curacao Port Profile Curacao Forum