Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Princessbunnie's Port Reviews of Halifax, Saint John (New Brunswick)

Princessbunnie's Port Reviews of Halifax, Saint John (New Brunswick)
Carnival Glory cruise in August 2013
Member Name: Princessbunnie
Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Member Review: Princessbunnie's Carnival Glory Review
Halifax
Peggy's Cove Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

Peggy's Cove is a beautiful fishing village. Not to be missed. We took the 3 hour tour. Our guide Donna was very knowledgeable about Halifax and Peggy's Cove. I enjoyed every moment of the trip. Reason why I give the excursion only a 4 is that they only give you 1 hour at Peggy's Cove to explore. I wanted to stay longer and enjoy a nice outdoor lunch while enjoying the sea air.

More Halifax Reviews Halifax Port Profile Halifax Forum
Saint John (New Brunswick)
Port Rating: Not Rated

...St. Johns day. Not a great city but the locals are very nice.
Visit souvenir tent right near ship. Cohen's Emporium has vintage license plates for sale. Really cool. I was about to buy a New York 1964 World's Fair License Plate. I turned my head for one second and someone grabbed it. Also baseball memorabilia. Right next to Cohen's is a woman who sells 100 year old ceramic beer bottles that were excavated from the site of a brewery that burned
down with the rest of the city about a 100 years ago. We took a cab ride to Reversing Falls which cost us about 35 dollars round trip for the 5 of us including tip. The phenomenon was interesting but the scenery was horrible as the tourist sight is right across from a paper mill. However there were two activities at this sight for the adventurous. Zip line over the river. Very high up. I did not have the nerve to do it but those who did looked like they were having a blast. Wear pants because people who wore shorts complained of chafing on their thighs. There was a speed boat that took passengers through the Reversing Falls. Not a water fall but a "drowned water fall". Waterfalls are under the river. The people that went were thoroughly soaked even though rain gear was provided. However they said it was great. So bring your boots change of clothes and do it! Someone said they went on a kayak clambake outing and loved it.

More Saint John (New Brunswick) Reviews Saint John (New Brunswick) Port Profile Saint John (New Brunswick) Forum