Member Reviews

Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: pwrfljedi's Carnival Pride Review
Port Canaveral
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

We rented a car and drove up to Daytona Beach to spend the morning with family, and the beach in the afternoon.

The shuttle to Budget Rental was waiting for us and the ride to the office was less than 5 minutes. From the time we left our stateroom, off the ship, in our rental car, and on our way, was less than 20-30 minutes. We had a great day up in Daytona Beach. Getting back on the ship was a breeze. It may have been 15 minutes from rental car drop off to our stateroom and ready to freshen up for dinner.

More Port Canaveral Reviews Port Canaveral Port Profile Port Canaveral Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

My whole family loved this port!

For the girls, My wallet weighs about 10 pounds less, the shopping was amazing! Everything is negotiable, and I mean everything! They have every type of store on the main strip that you can ever want to visit. While on the cruise the girls found station 17 on the TV in our room. They found out that the stores on the main strip run a scavenger hunt of sorts, obviously to get people to visit the stores and promoted by the stores. They simply got there treasure maps as they got of the ship and off we went. Upon visiting these stores the girls received free trinkets of appreciation. Of course we took the opportunity to look around. My friends wife was with us and at one of the jewelry stores, I was able to negotiate from about 1500 down to 800 for her. Realistically it was probably a 900 -1000 dollar ring. Make sure you try to negotiate everything or you will pay tooooo much. Then I took the girls into the Straw Market. There are several vendors to choose from, mostly selling the same thing in different styles. So make sure you walk around first, then go back to the vendor who has the style you want. This will be hard to do, the vendors are very, very, very aggressive to earn your business. They are also very very very willing to negotiate.

I let my boys, both in there late teens, go off on there own. Not to much trouble there. But you need to know that off the main strip and away from the straw market its not that good a place for young men to step out of line. Its not horrible and really never in danger, just don't step out of line. So I gave them my rules, time tables, and where to meets. Then "They Gone!" Know that there are no drinking laws, that are enforced in this area, so if you have teens going off on there own do your best. I anticipated this, gave my warnings of death and destruction. They did come back with rum and cigars as gifts for dear dad, and they were full bottles and un-smoked.

After we met up with boys, I carried the girls bags back to the ship, we then went off to cabbage beach. It was absolutely beautiful. Our cab driver came to check on us a couple of times, to make sure that we were ok. The beach again was beautiful, but the vendors are incessantly pushy. He helped shooo them off a couple of times. once they got the picture, they left us alone. we were right smack dab between cabbage beach and the Atlantis beach resorts. The boys took a walk with mom up the beach and all shared that its beautiful as well. My wife said that there isn't as many vendors on the Atlantis side.

After the beach on our way back to the ship.I rewarded the boys with a cocktail at Sharky's Restaurant and Bar. When in Rome? The bar was about to close, one of the owners met us and promptly sat us down on there upper deck. The Conch fritters are awesome and the frozen drinks are smooth and we had a great view of the port. The service was great and friendly, even though they were closed well before we left.

Boarding the ship on the return, they had two gang planks open, and might have been 5 minutes to get back on. No problems. We turned in the bottles of rum my sons bought me, and on the last night of the cruise, they where in my stateroom waiting for me to pack.

The only bad thing about Nassau, is we didn't spend more time there. Every one had a BLAST!

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum