Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > MaiCruise's Port Reviews of Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Victoria

MaiCruise's Port Reviews of Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Victoria
Destination: Alaska
Member Review: MaiCruise's Norwegian Jewel Review
Ketchikan
Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

My husband and our 2 teenage girls went on the Bering Sea crab Fishermen's tour which I booked directly with. He said it was ok and cost should be more like $40 instead of the $159/adult $99/kid that I paid. He was disappointed that for the price, they didn't get to taste any of what was caught! Our kids said they enjoyed the hands on experience where they get to touch all the animals that were caught.

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum
Juneau
Mendenhall Glacier Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

Mendenhall Glacier is a bit overprice but since there wasn't a lot of time at this port, we had to book it with the cruise line. Overall, it's an enjoyable excursion as we hiked to Nuggets Fall. On a scale of 1 to 5 in term of difficulty, this hike is a 1.5. Definitely need comfortable shoes and water. The fall is beautiful with extremely clear water.

Whale Watching Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

My husband and the kids went on the Whale watching excursion. The kids enjoyed the excursion since they were able to see several whales. My husband said it would have been nice if they could get a little closer but overall it was a good experience for them.

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Skagway
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

Not a lot to see at this port unless you want to go on the long train ride excursion (over 2 hours) which we didn't sign up. Other than that, the town is small and the shops don't offer much. Too many expensive jewelery stores.

More Skagway Reviews Skagway Port Profile Skagway Forum
Victoria
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

Charming town; kind of remind me of San Francisco but less hilly. We took the shuttle; for round trip $10/adult, $5/kid and our 1-year-old is free. Found a really good gelato/ice cream store; wish I remembered the name.

More Victoria Reviews Victoria Port Profile Victoria Forum