Member Reviews

Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: Ralphinsc's Enchantment of the Seas Review
CocoCay
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

We ended up catching the second tender over to Coco Cay about ten minutes before they even advertised we were tendering. It threatened to rain during the morning but turned into an absolutely wonderful day. We used it as a beach day and I rented snorkeling equipment. I had never really been snorkeling before and now I'm HOOKED. The water was clear and calm, the snorkeling area was HUGE, and there were hundreds upon hundreds of fish in the good spots. It was even easy to spot hundreds of fish in the rock areas in waist deep water at the swimming coves. The rocks can be sharp though so stay off of them. The biggest fish I saw was actually in the shallow swim cove just darting among waders and maybe finding a crumb or a disturbed meal on the bottom. The sunken ship and the sunken airplane offshore were great to float over and the swim platforms allowed for good resting areas (it IS a bit of a swim out). There was a deeper area with stronger tidal currents that I did not go into because I felt it wasn't up to my swimming level (my swimming level is officially somewhere around  I won't drown, maybe and Swims better underwater than on the water. I'm NOT a floater at all). I mentioned the headache with the barbeque in the dining section. My other gripe about Coco Cay has to do with those wonderful Coco Locos. They are absolutely delicious but at $11 a pop after the tip, they are very cost prohibitive. Even when I tried to go get either a refill or a second one without the cup, I was told that they are only sold with the cups. So I had exactly 1 (one) Coco Loco and spent the rest of my money on cheaper beers that day. Your loss Royal Caribbean.

More CocoCay Reviews CocoCay Port Profile CocoCay Forum
Nassau
Glass Bottom Boat Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

This was our first time to Nassau so we ended up booking an excursion through the cruise line on a glass bottom boat to ensure the kids would at least have one fun experience in an unfamiliar port. I actually thought the excursion was a decent deal for it's length and for the harbor tour and free rum punch included. We enjoyed a good narrated tour, a half hour out over the reef, and I might have had a few extra rum punches at $2 a pop. They also had a fruit punch for the kids. I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying this who wanted too.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum