Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > WonderWoman Cruiser's Port Reviews of Labadee, Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

WonderWoman Cruiser's Port Reviews of Labadee, Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Freedom of the Seas cruise in August 2013
Member Name: WonderWoman Cruiser
Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Member Review: WonderWoman Cruiser's Freedom of the Seas Review
Labadee
Port Rating: Not Rated

I was a bit skeptical about the Haiti stop, which was a beach day. However, it turned out to be one of the loveliest beaches on our itinerary. We just enjoyed the beautiful beach and the perfect weather, albeit hot! The vendors were extremely pushy and worked VERY hard to push their goods, which was all local crap--wood carvings, hats, etc. nothing really worth buying in Haiti.

More Labadee Reviews Labadee Port Profile Labadee Forum
Falmouth
Dunn's River Falls Rating: Not Rated

Lovely ride down the river with a great tour guide nicknamed "Wednesday". Somewhat short but sweet.

Tubing Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

In Jamaica, we enjoyed the Dunn's River Falls excursion and river rafting, which we booked via Real Tours Jamaica-Day Tours. I highly recommend Norris Douglas' tours. I booked on line and got a little panicked because I kept asking at the information booth for them. No one really wanted to help in Jamaica at that booth but someone finally suggested that we walk to the end of the terminal and viola! Right there waiting for us was Ian with the tour company with my name in big letters! We had a private bus tour where Ian took great care of us personally escorting us to each of our excursions and taking us for the BEST jerk ever at a place I think was called Saucy's?? Delicious!! We truly enjoyed our private day with Ian! If you like beer and have never had a Red Stripe, it is a MUST have with real Jamaican jerk. TIP--save your money by NOT buying rum or lots of souvenirs in Jamaica!!! The prices are TWICE as expensive as Grand Cayman but they will tell you otherwise!! You can get the same Jamaican rums in Cayman for more than HALF PRICE!!

More Falmouth Reviews Falmouth Port Profile Falmouth Forum
Grand Cayman
Stingray Swim Rating: Not Rated

Next came the Cayman Islands which was beautiful and we loved!! The only problem is that the ship stays for SO LITTLE time here! We took another private tour via Stingray Sailing to snorkel and feed the stingrays. They have a nice catamaran that only takes up to 25 people at a time so it was intimate and felt like being amongst friends! Our guides were great and knew exactly where to go and what they were doing. We were in very good hands here and enjoyed touching and holding the stingrays (many of which have their stingers cut off by the local authorities)! Afterward the stingrays, we snorkels for a bit and then headed back to shore. At the pier,, we shopped at the Rum Shop and that's where I discovered that the liquor was CHEAP!!! Less than half the price than in Jamaica! Buy here and they will box and ship everything for you and send it to the ship so you don't have to carry it around and can enjoy shopping near the pier. Before we knew it, our time was up here!!

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Cozumel
Beach Break Rating: Not Rated

In Cozumel, we decided to take a cab to Paradise Beach and just hang out at the beach and get massages. Soon, our cab driver had convinced us that Play Mia was THE best beach to go to because we could pay one price and get all you can eat and drink and free use of all the water sports stuff. We went there, spent $60 each and ended up just laying on the beach. We did get massages $45/30 min) and we ate and drank a lot just to get our money's worth (LOL), but it wasn't worth $60/per person in my opinion. The only reason to go there is that it is clean, private and they have a great water park (which we did not use). We just spent our time in the water. My son thought this was the best beach of all the ports, but we didn't go to the beach in the Caymans. Lots of vendors selling more crap here but, if you love silver, that's the place to get it. I thought the silver was priced for tourists and not very cheap.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum