Member Reviews

Destination: Alaska
Member Review: Mr. Coffee's Disney Wonder Review
Skagway
White Pass Scenic Railway Rating: 5+ out of 5+

We boarded an old-fashioned railcar and rode along the Trail of '98. The scenery was beautiful, the conductor/guide was funny and knowledgeable about the history of the railroad and the Gold Rush, and each car had a bathroom.

More Skagway Reviews Skagway Port Profile Skagway Forum
Juneau
Photo Safari Rating: 5+ out of 5+

The five-hour tour was split into two parts. We began with a boat tour of Auke Bay, sighting seals, sea lions, eagles and whales. The special photography instruction that we received on the ride over was helpful and informative. I learned about all kinds of buttons on my camera!

The second part was a walk along the Trail of Time at Mendenhall Glacier. Our guide pointed out the best photo locations and explained the plants and history of the glacier.

Snacks were also provided on the bus.

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Ketchikan
Hiking on Deer Mountain Rating: 5+ out of 5+

My son, the Eagle Scout, my wife and I had a wonderful time hiking through the Tongass National Rainforest and up Deer Mountain. The trail was steep and narrow, but we had borrowed a free GPS at the visitor center and enjoyed the scenic, secluded overviews.

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum