Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > ladyolivia's Port Reviews of Sardinia, Naples, Rome (Civitavecchia), Corsica (Ajaccio)

Island Escape cruise in July 2013
Member Name: ladyolivia
Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Member Review: ladyolivia's Island Escape Review
Sardinia
Cagliari City Tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Lovely views from the top of the city and friendly knowledgeable guide.

More Sardinia Reviews Sardinia Port Profile Sardinia Forum
Naples
Mt. Vesuvius Rating: 5+ out of 5+

Thrilled I was able to get to the top of Vesuvius, hard work at my age 69. Hubby went ahead and I along with two other ladies from the ship set out together. First the 50 year old turned back then the 40 year old stopped, think they were really fed up of my moaning that I had to get to the top! But I did it, it's just a hole in the ground but has good views over Naples.

Pompeii Walking Tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

From Versuvius we did Pompei. It was a hard walking day but worth it. When you leave Pompei the guide will take you to a restaurant where you will be charged 14 euros per person for a pizza, small ice cream and a drink. You will then be led back to the coach and onto the ship. It was my mistake I misunderstood and assumed we would be going back in Pompei. Had I realised ice cream sat in the sun would have been cheaper and more enjoyable.

More Naples Reviews Naples Port Profile Naples Forum
Rome (Civitavecchia)
Rome / Private Train Rating: 5+ out of 5+

What can you say about Rome? We saw everything, got into the Vatican without queuing, seeing the length of the queue we wouldn't have been able to wait so long. The excursion was expensive and I must admit I was surprised that so many people did it, but it was worth every penny. The advice seems to be do 'Rome on your own' I'm glad we did the expensive trip. My complaint is the included champagne lunch. I know we British only eat fish & chips, but a choice would have been nice. Lovely pasta starter followed by not fish & chips, but pork, boiled potatoes vegetables and gravy.

More Rome (Civitavecchia) Reviews Rome (Civitavecchia) Port Profile Rome (Civitavecchia) Forum
Corsica (Ajaccio)
Port Rating: Not Rated

Visited Corsica last year so this time took the open topped bus along the coast and walked around the town.

More Corsica (Ajaccio) Reviews Corsica (Ajaccio) Port Profile Corsica (Ajaccio) Forum