Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > letsgoacruisin's Port Reviews of Corfu, Venice, Dubrovnik, Taormina (Messina), Sorrento

Crystal Serenity cruise in April 2013
Member Name: letsgoacruisin
Cruise Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Member Review: letsgoacruisin's Crystal Serenity Review
Corfu
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

I didn't see any thing there that would make me come back. The stores on shore were typical tourist traps.

More Corfu Reviews Corfu Port Profile Corfu Forum
Venice
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

The square in Venice is beautiful. People walking, cafes surrounding it, musicians playing their instruments. We didn't see much of Venice. We had a hard time communicating with the people who run the water taxis. Venice is comprised of many narrow streets & alleys. It is a real 'walking city'.

More Venice Reviews Venice Port Profile Venice Forum
Dubrovnik
Walking the Walls Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

Skip it. Not worth the money.

More Dubrovnik Reviews Dubrovnik Port Profile Dubrovnik Forum
Taormina (Messina)
Port Rating: Not Rated

I fell in love! Taormina was beautiful. The views were spectacular. We walked through the town of Taormina and found shops with beautiful ceramics that had actually been made in Taormina, not in China! I bought some beautiful napkin rings and would have bought more had they not been so heavy. We wandered through the streets to just get a taste of the region.

More Taormina (Messina) Reviews Taormina (Messina) Port Profile Taormina (Messina) Forum
Sorrento
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

Sorrento was spectacular. We hired a private driver who spoke English when we got off the ship and he drove us up the Amalfi Coast. There is a booth right when you get off a ship where this can be arranged. Don't take the ship's excursion as it is atleast 3 times the price and is on a bus so you can't stop whenever and wherever you want.

The Amalfi Coast is gorgeous. I have never seen anything so magnificent. Now I understand why some of my friends go back time and time again. The road is extremely narrow and winding so it's best not to do this by yourself. The driver said he has lost many a side-view mirror on that road. We ate at the top of the mountain overlooking th cliffs and water. What a view! We stopped at a limencello factory and received our first taste of limencello. Of course we bought a bottle to bring home which stays in our freezer for any time we want a "taste" of our Italian visit. We didn't have time to explore Taormina or to take a boat to Capri, but that is definitely planned for a future visit because of all of our ports, this is the one I am most likely to return to but not as a day trip.

More Sorrento Reviews Sorrento Port Profile Sorrento Forum