Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > mominva's Port Reviews of Labadee,, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

mominva's Port Reviews of Labadee,, Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Freedom of the Seas cruise in July 2013
Member Name: mominva
Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Member Review: mominva's Freedom of the Seas Review
Labadee
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Arawak Aqua Park-$15 for one hour of your choice.
This is very popular for kids, including my 3 teens. You can wait to book this at the beach, but I will warn you. There was a constant line and the employee was constantly getting pulled aside for different things. He could have processed people a lot faster. They require the kids to wear a life vest. My son got rubbed around the neck and armpits. Some kids wore swim shirts which helped prevent the rubbing.
The employees want to help you find a beach chair and will move them for you. I wasn't expecting that and hadn't brought any money with me to tip them.
The barbecue didn't look that great. My family did eat there, but I waited to eat on the ship.

More Labadee Reviews Labadee Port Profile Labadee Forum
Grand Cayman
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

We got off the ship and exited the port to the right. We walked on the sidewalk that runs along the shore. After a 10 minute walk, we came upon the Paradise Cafe. We brought our own snorkeling gear and the kids snorkeled. They have huge tarpon fish right there at the entrance to the water. My kids saw a lot of fish here. There is a water trampoline also. If you buy food or drinks, you can use the trampoline for free. We watched the kids from the shaded porch. Wear flippers; there is a current that can tire you out. I had trouble getting back to the shore because I was wearing water shoes only. After a couple of hours, we went back to the ship.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

We took a cab to Mr. Sancho's ($22 for 5 of us one way) and sat on the a la carte side. There is no cover charge to enter the beach club. There were 3 ships in port, and it was not crowded at Mr. Sancho's. My kids played on the water toys (balance beam, climbing icebergs, slides, seesaws) for $12 each. They also snorkeled. The water was clear and there were plenty of chairs. Also, there is a small pool and clean bathrooms. Last year, we went to Paradise Beach; Mr. Sanchos is very comparable. Paddle boards were $25 an hour. Parasailing was $65 for 15 minutes. Massages were $35 for 20 minutes.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum