Member Reviews

Cruise Date: July 2013
Member Review: raggedyann6's Carnival Breeze Review
Aruba
Port Rating: Not Rated

We took a taxi to Philip's Animal Garden which was $17 for the 3 of us. Philip is 27 and has a private animal garden where he has taken in unwanted animals. We were taken on a private tour with one of his staff for about an hour and then walked around on our own for another hour. The animals are so well taken care of it is a wonderful place! My 16 and 18 year old daughters and my self loved this experience. they give you pellets and carrots to feed some of the animals. The area is very, very clean and the animals are all well cared for. Philip is always planting new trees and fixing the animal enclosures when needed.

We then had them call us a cab and went to Palm Beach for 2 hours. I brought 2 blow up rafts at CVS for $7 each when we were at our hotel in Miami the day before the cruise. It took me about 15 minutes to blow each of them up but it was worth it to float around in the warm calm waters! We caught a cab at one of the hotels back to the cruise dock which took about 20 minutes, they have set rates, it was $14 I think. They charge per ride not per person. We did not eat while we were at the beach. They rented lounge chairs for $10 each which we did not use. One of my daughters does not like the ocean so she sat on a bench under a that thatched roof for free while we were in the water. No real snorkeling right off the beach but the water was very clear and about 82. Aruba was very clean every where and we felt safe.

More Aruba Reviews Aruba Port Profile Aruba Forum