Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > SnowDiamonds's Port Reviews of Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria

SnowDiamonds's Port Reviews of Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria
Destination: Alaska
Member Review: SnowDiamonds's Grand Princess Review
Skagway
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
I really love this port. It's so unique and breathtaking sailing in and out with the mountains so close and grand and the waterway so narrow. This was my second time here, and it was so different from the first time when I had done the train ride (also spectacular). This time we shopped around and caught the shuttle bus to Jewell Gardens, which were the most charming gardens I have been to. A bit small, so you can get through it within an hour. There were beautiful, vibrant flowers, blown glass sculptures all around (they blow the glass on site), and huge cabbage gardens. It was so picturesque, especially with the grand mountains in the near background. Everyone is loving my photos of this place. They also have a cute little restaurant; we ate lunch outside on the deck; served by a sweet girl, Cheyenne who is new to the area. She was kind enough to answer our questions about how she got here, it was a most interesting story. Plus she gave us information about ferry travel, which we are happy to know about for future.

Skagway is just enchanting.

More Skagway Reviews Skagway Port Profile Skagway Forum