Member Reviews

Destination: Alaska
Member Review: AggieMom0610's Westerdam Review
Sitka
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Beautiful small city with tons of places to visit within walking distance of the tenders. We visited several local shops, St. Michael's Russian Orthodox Church, Bishop's House, and a totem carver's gallery. We actually visited the local library there as well since my daughter is a teacher.

More Sitka Reviews Sitka Port Profile Sitka Forum
Ketchikan
Port Rating: Not Rated

7 years ago when visiting, I fell in love with this quaint Alaska town (5+ rating). Last week I found myself terribly disappointed because the small stores have disappeared and in their places are the multiple diamond and port stores that the cruise lines love to promote. I'm wondering just how much profit the cruise lines make from these port stores. But instead of shopping there, we found some local shops off the beaten path and spent our money shopping with locals: a small gift shop on Creek Street, a scrapbook store that was delightful, and a few others. We also visited the salmon ladder, the waterfall, and visited several totems.

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum