Member Reviews

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Member Review: grandmaR's Disney Fantasy Review
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

St Martin: I took a non-ship tour here. I arranged to have a day with a driver for the two of us with Bernard's tours. Our driver was David Taylor, and this cost $360 plus tip. We had the driver all day (7 hours). He just lifted my scooter into his van - he didn't give me a whole lot of grief about it like Disney did. We went to the zoo which my granddaughter enjoyed and then the driver drove us over to Marigot on the French side and we shopped and had some lunch at Enochs. We went to the beach by the airport, and to another beach where David showed my granddaughter the sea urchins and sand dollars. Then we drove to the main street of Philipsburg and did some more shopping before he took us back to the ship.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
St. Thomas
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

St. Thomas: The ship weather forecast was cloudy. That morning, the cruise director said 'showers'. Each port day they said showers, and it was actually sunny and hot. But this time it was RAIN. Had I known that is wasn't just showers, but all day rain, we had rain gear that would have made all the difference. Also there were no towels at the gangway and my granddaughter had to get back on the ship and go all the way to the pool deck to get them.

Originally I wanted to do the Sea trek helmet dive, but the excursion desk didn't think I could manage to do that (because of the no mechanical scooter provision and also they wanted me to sign that I had never had asthma or any lung problems or heart problems or blood pressure problems or anything - I would have to be robust health to do this excursion and I am 75 and very good in the water, but I AM 75) and they persuaded me to drop the tour. So I went out on the scooter to get a taxi to Coral World to do it on my own. When I got there, they said that the next available Sea Trek would be at 2:00 and we had to be back on the ship by 4:45 and I thought that was cutting it too close (knowing the traffic in St. Thomas). So we did the Sea Lion swim instead - that was at 12:45. We visited the exhibits and had lunch before we did the Sea Lion Swim. They wouldn't let me take photos, because they wanted to sell me a CD of the photos for $40.00. We got a van with a lift to take the scooter back to the ship and made it a back before the deadline but we did not have enough time to do the butterfly exhibit which I also had a ticket for. They gave me a towel to dry off when we got back on board. It would have been better if we had known that it would rain and then we wouldn't have been so wet.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum