Member Reviews

Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: itsme423's Enchantment of the Seas Review
CocoCay
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

I'm giving it a '5' because it WOULD have been fun. When we arrived on the island, it began to rain, we had lightening and 30-40 mph winds. We stayed huddled under some thick trees for almost 2 hours hoping it would clear, but it didn't and all the activities had closed down, so we chose to go back to the ship. The weather cleared in early afternoon, but we chose to stay in the pool and hot tub on the ship.

More CocoCay Reviews CocoCay Port Profile CocoCay Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

We found the 'natives' to be pushy. Most expected a tip for doing almost nothing and a few were rude to us.

It was Bahamian independence day, so many of the shops were closed. I wandered into the straw market which had only a few booths open. I wanted to just walk thru but was constantly bombarded with the shop owners trying to show me their wares...I just wanted to look without being pressured. We didn't stay there very long.

We rented a scooter and found a small public beach and spent a few hours there. When we returned the scooter (two hours earlier than we needed to return it), the attendant 'insisted' that we give the $20 deposit that was returned to us to his workers who were sitting around doing nothing. Needless to say, we did not do that...and they were obviously annoyed. We felt that returning the scooter 2 hours early, they could rent it out again...so that was our 'tip' to them.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum