Member Reviews

Destination: Alaska
Member Review: cruisingberger's Westerdam Review
Juneau
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

We rented a large van (8 Seats)to go to Mendenhall Glacier. I wanted to make sure that we had time to do the hike to Nugget Falls. The lady was very friendly and the van was ok. The air condition was not great but I'm sure they don't need to use it very often. The walk was long but mostly because we tendered in and the tender location is on the far end of town. It was over 80 degrees that day and we all did fine, except is was difficult for grandma.
We went to the visitors center where they charge $4 to see the movie and touch some of the glacier that they pick up each morning. We then hiked to Nugget Falls. It is a mile each way and that was flat and easy to get to. We put our feet in the lake created by the glacier then hiked back and dropped grandma and the kids back at the tenders. My husband and I returned the car and walked back to the tenders and went back to the ship. I loved doing it this way so we had plenty of time to do the hike and visitors center.

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum