Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > PattiRA's Port Reviews of Seattle, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan

PattiRA's Port Reviews of Seattle, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan
Destination: Alaska
Member Review: PattiRA's Star Princess Review
Seattle
City Tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Great over view of Seattle-only 2 short stops. The tour guide was very entertaining and informative.
Once we did this, we were able to go back and stay longer at the those sights. Would highly recommend for first time visitors as ourselves.

More Seattle Reviews Seattle Port Profile Seattle Forum
Juneau
Mendenhall Glacier Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

It was an expensive tour of $200. per person!! It was whale watching & Mendenhall Glacier--we watched humpback whales doing "bubble feeding" and it was awesome. Many bald eagles too.

Whale Watching Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

Mendenhall Glacier was overpacked with tourists and we did no have a lot of time to really enjoy. There were so many buses for pick-up that I was panicking thinking I had missed ours. I spent more time trying to figuere out pick-up than enjoying the beautiful glacier. I tried to go into the visitor center and it was totally impossible.

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Skagway
White Pass Scenic Railway Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Really enjoyed the train ride and the tour guides gave the history of how & why the railroad was built. Lots of great sights, too.

More Skagway Reviews Skagway Port Profile Skagway Forum
Ketchikan
Seaplane Rating: 1.0 out of 5+

Not worth it!! We walked about 1/8 mile with an overly talkative tour guide giving not much of information. She kept telling us that there was "bear skat" on the trail and fungus on the trees. Who really cares?? My husband kept hearing the zip-lines going overhead and asking why we were doing this. I complained to the cruise line & have never been on such a side trip.

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum