Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Seasidesue's Port Reviews of Juneau,, Icy Strait, Ketchikan

Seasidesue's Port Reviews of Juneau,, Icy Strait, Ketchikan
Destination: British Columbia
Member Review: Seasidesue's Radiance of the Seas Review
Juneau
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

First view of Juneau is a shock! It is very touristy and all they seem to want to sell is tee shirts and expensive jewelry! Really ugly port-side! We walked to the state museum, which was quite interesting, then to the public library to sit in the lovely quiet space with a view, with free wifi. I really suggest you take a small tablet to stay in touch. It worked great for me. If you are up to walking, walk past the fakey area, to real Juneau! Otherwise, you will leave with a false sense of what Juneau is!

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Icy Strait
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+

Lovely stop, walked and walked, much less touristy than either Juneau or Skagway, and I loved that there was much more for sale from Alaska, and much less from China! I walked the beach and gathered driftwood for my artwork, after asking the locals. Very nice, real people here. Loved it here.

More Icy Strait Reviews Icy Strait Port Profile Icy Strait Forum
Ketchikan
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+

Took public transportation out to the Totem Heritage Center and wonderful park! Loved that! Also took in Tongass Historical Museum in town. Enjoyed Ketchikan very much, and thought, if I were younger I could live here. Nice, quaint, homey feeling. Took the buses all around, so saw places other than touristy area, and walked all over touristy area afterwords.

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum