Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > suzeecruzee's Port Reviews of Barcelona, Monaco, Florence (Livorno), Rome (Civitavecchia), Naples, Corsica (Ajaccio)

Crown Princess cruise in May 2013
Member Name: suzeecruzee
Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Member Review: suzeecruzee's Crown Princess Review
Barcelona
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

Very built up city, and ok if you like looking at buildings. We spent a couple of hours there.. It was interesting but very cosmopolitan

More Barcelona Reviews Barcelona Port Profile Barcelona Forum
Monaco
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

The ship had to park away from the port. So to go into Monte Carlo it was necessary to get on the lifeboat. (tender).... We did nt as it was choppy and rainy. It was just another city, but, from the ship pretty enough if you were brave enough to take the tender. Many did nt , especially the wheelchairs and zimmers.

More Monaco Reviews Monaco Port Profile Monaco Forum
Florence (Livorno)
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

Again another city, easy enough to disembark and get into from the ship by a cheap bus. We went around the city and the port , ...Had a coffee then went back. My fault, I chose the cruise, if you like cities...but the port was a bit yuk to view from the ship...

More Florence (Livorno) Reviews Florence (Livorno) Port Profile Florence (Livorno) Forum
Rome (Civitavecchia)
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

We have been to Rome, so decided on a lazy day sunbathing on the ship. The port is ...a port, ...again nothing scenic,,,,

More Rome (Civitavecchia) Reviews Rome (Civitavecchia) Port Profile Rome (Civitavecchia) Forum
Naples
Pompeii Walking Tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

The port itself is the most depressing dirty and intimidating port ever... dreadful. Also lots of warnings about embarking into the city. We decided on Pompeii as somewhere I have always wanted to go to.The journey through Naples was equally depressing despite the guides efforts to convince us otherwise. I loved Pompeii, and would of preferred not being on the tour, as the guide took us round far too slowly for my liking , she was very knowledgeable, but some of her details were not necessary. I just wanted to know about Pompeii itself, not the history of Italy and its dynasties and what the emperor said to the empress on their night out...We wandered off keeping her within radio distance, and I did enjoy the trip, and glad I booked with the ship as I don t think I would of got off to travel through Naples otherwise.

More Naples Reviews Naples Port Profile Naples Forum
Corsica (Ajaccio)
Port Rating: Not Rated

Loved this trip and made up for the cities...we stopped in the hills for wine and cheese tasting. Toured the villages and countryside to get a feel of this beautiful French Island. Would consider visiting Corsica again. it was beautiful and my idea of where to go on holiday. The port from the ship was pretty to stand and gaze at over the side of the boat....Fabulous...and the atmosphere of the people was the complete opposite ....so relaxed.and friendly

More Corsica (Ajaccio) Reviews Corsica (Ajaccio) Port Profile Corsica (Ajaccio) Forum
Gibraltar
Port Rating: Not Rated

A place I have always wanted to visit... Loved it. Just to wander around the town, take a coffee, marvel at our little English rock and the people were so friendly. Again, this made up for the cities, and again the port was pleasant from the boat and easy to disembark.

More Gibraltar Reviews Gibraltar Port Profile Gibraltar Forum