Member Reviews

Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: silverpenguin's Carnival Fascination Review
Half Moon Cay
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

I loved Half Moon Cay! We didn't do any shore excursions. We were late getting off the ship (in tender group #28), so we arrived right at lunch time. The buffet was nice. I insisted on having a "Cheeseburger in Paradise", and it was delicious! The jerked chicken was a little too spicy for my taste, but good. My one complaint here is that the water cups were too small, so next time I will be bringing my own cup! We spent the rest of the afternoon in the water right in front of the pirate ship bar. We could hear the music and it was great atmosphere. DH and his friend snorkeled a little in the ocean, but said there wasn't much to see. Best we could tell, the snorkel area was only accessible by boat, and we didn't have time to look into going out. Relaxing all the same, and I loved that we could see fish swimming at our feet when we were chest-deep.

More Half Moon Cay Reviews Half Moon Cay Port Profile Half Moon Cay Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

Nassau was pretty disappointing. This rating may have been higher if we had done an excursion. The first place we went was the Pirates of Nassau Museum. It was average for a museum, but not really that impressive. If you are interested in Pirates, the museum in St. Augustine,FL is much better, IMO. Still a lot of information, just not very interactive. When we left there, we went to the straw market. I am not a shopper, a haggler, nor do I care for solicitation. Since this is the pinnacle of the straw market, I was very uncomfortable. I did however purchase a tote bag and a set of shell earrings that I was very happy with. We walked around down town and ate at a sidewalk cafe. I wish I could remember the name of it. They had very good conch fritters. We peeked in Senor Frogs, but knew immediately this was not our scene. The jewelry store next door was nice, but a little high priced. We went back to the ship about 3:30 and spent the rest of the afternoon on the Serenity Deck. I will definitely look into shore excursions next time.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum