Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > tmt3698's Port Reviews of Dubrovnik, Corfu, Santorini, Athens (Piraeus), Katakolon (Olympia)

Splendour of the Seas cruise in June 2013

Went to Old Town, Cavtat and a restaurant next to a river. Very nice excursion

More Dubrovnik Reviews Dubrovnik Port Profile Dubrovnik Forum
Corfu
Achilleion Palace Rating: Not Rated

I had chosen a different shore excursion but my friend wanted this one, the palace was ok. There were so many tours there our tour guide seemed to get flustered with all the people there and I thought she wasn't the best tour guide to be honest. We didn't stop for the photo op of Mouse Island they just slowed down. The dowtown part was nice, we left the tour a little early and did our own shopping then took the shuttle bus back.

More Corfu Reviews Corfu Port Profile Corfu Forum
Santorini
Oia Village Rating: Not Rated

Again would have liked more time in Oia, the winery was just ok. I mainly took this short excursion because I read the folks who take the shore excursion get to leave the ship first(to get on the tender) I guess we did I don't know and also read how hard it was to take the cable car down. It wasn't that big of a deal we stood in line about 30 mins. but we were running out of time the last tender was at 7pm so we probably should have allowed more time to stand in line for the cable car. Oia was gorgeous the pictures you see online don't do it justice. Unbelievable place!

More Santorini Reviews Santorini Port Profile Santorini Forum
Athens (Piraeus)
City Tour Rating: Not Rated

Took a shore excursion here too. This tour guide was very good. Our first stop was the Acropolis it was the 7:45am time slot. We climbed the first set of stairs stopped for a bathroom break then climbed the rest of the way. Once on top the rocks are slippery and you really have to watch where you walk plus watch all the other people. It was a remarkable place. I'm glad we arrived early before the throngs of people got there. It's hard to take pictures without people in them. After that we went to some stadium then the bus dropped us off at the Plaka. We had lunch there and shopped until we dropped then headed back to where the bus was to pick us up. Very nice excursion.

More Athens (Piraeus) Reviews Athens (Piraeus) Port Profile Athens (Piraeus) Forum
Katakolon (Olympia)
Port Rating: Not Rated

We decided to rent a car, I drove & the guy from the rental car place said all the tour buses are going to the Olympic Village and said just follow them so that is what we did. The Olympic Village was really cool, I didn't think I would like it but it was nice and the museum was nice too. They have a cafe and restrooms so you can take a break from the heat. After that we had lunch in Olympia and shopped there. We drove back to Katakolon and shopped a little more then dropped the car off at 4:10 just in time to get back on the ship. The car rental was $45 euros plus they ask you to put $10 euros of gas in the car they give you car on an empty tank there is a gas station right down the street. There is also a train that will take you to the Olympic Village for $9 euros and our dining buddies took a Happy Train that was $6 euros to the beach and somewhere else.

More Katakolon (Olympia) Reviews Katakolon (Olympia) Port Profile Katakolon (Olympia) Forum