Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > ms.sunburn's Port Reviews of Naples, Rome (Civitavecchia), Marseille, Palma de Mallorca

Norwegian Epic cruise in June 2013
Member Name: ms.sunburn
Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Member Review: ms.sunburn's Norwegian Epic Review
Naples
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

We took the ferry over to Capri. Would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't as concerned about catching the ferry back to the ship! It's a very expensive day, not sure it's worth it.

More Naples Reviews Naples Port Profile Naples Forum
Rome (Civitavecchia)
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

Bought a BIRG ticket and took the regional train into Rome. This is one port where I would suggest you take HOHO bus or some other tour. It was just too big to do on foot in so little time. The metro stops are far apart and do not serve the historical centre. We got lost for a good part of the day and ended up missing a lot of what we wanted to see.

More Rome (Civitavecchia) Reviews Rome (Civitavecchia) Port Profile Rome (Civitavecchia) Forum
Marseille
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

I was pleasantly surprised by Marseille. After having read so many comments from other cruisers about skipping the port and going somewhere else I wasn't expecting much. After spending such long days in Italy we just decided to take the cruise ship's shuttle into the Vieux Port. The shopping was actually quite good here as were the little cafes surrounding the port. It was a nice relaxing day. We had a little trouble when the cab drivers staged an impromptu strike, but I thought the shuttle bus drivers did a good job working around them trying to get everyone back to the ship.

More Marseille Reviews Marseille Port Profile Marseille Forum
Palma de Mallorca
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

We took the cruise ship's shuttle into town. Again, very well organized and frequent service.

Palma was the best stop on the trip. It was one of the most beautiful places I have visited. Lovely little shops in the old town, lush gardens, gorgeous fountains - beauty everywhere. I highly recommend getting off the ship in this port. If you miss this one it would be a real shame.

More Palma de Mallorca Reviews Palma de Mallorca Port Profile Palma de Mallorca Forum