Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > abby1340's Port Reviews of Seattle, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Victoria

abby1340's Port Reviews of Seattle, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Victoria
Destination: Alaska
Member Review: abby1340's Norwegian Jewel Review
Seattle
Port Rating: Not Rated

Pike's fish market was awesome! A must see! Also the stadiums are cool to look at too.

More Seattle Reviews Seattle Port Profile Seattle Forum
Ketchikan
Zip-lining Rating: Not Rated

We did Eagle Creek zip line and had an absolute blast! Our guides Kramer and Mocha were professional, knowledgeable, friendly and fun! They did an excellent job helping those in our party with a fear of heights ease into the zipping experience (without making them feel like sissies). All while maintaining an exciting, fun atmosphere for those of us with more adventurous spirits! Just hanging out on the tree stands was an experience in itself.

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum
Juneau
Whale Watching Rating: Not Rated

This was the experience of a lifetime! When we first went out we saw three or four humpback spouts. Captain Gary asked if everyone saw them then announced the whale guarantee was up. Utter disappointment as I realized I signed up for this for the next 5 hours. Then Captain Gary got a strange call over the radio using some code words. Stealthily we slipped away from the hoards of other whale watching boats and were the first to come upon not one, not two but three resident Orca pods! I bet we saw over 50 different Killer whales! Little babies, huge bulls, we saw their faces their teeth their tales, you name it! At one point four Orcas breached in synchronization, one, two, three, four perfectly timed and spaced apart. It was like seeing Sea World in the wild! Amazing! Breath taking! After whale watching we hiked for a bit in the rain forest learning about all the amazing plant life. Arriving at Mendenhal Glacier our guide, Sarah a native of Juneau, told us about her childhood and how much the glacier has receded since then. When she described where it would be in the next three to five years, I cried! Yes I cried! I am glad to have experienced this glacier and am saddened that my kids may not be able to.

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Skagway
Jeep Tour Rating: Not Rated

This tour is THE most fun I've ever had on a scheduled excursion. The guides, the Jeeps, the terrain, the scenery, the wildlife and the history were all fantastic! That being said, this tour needs a HUGE disclaimer BEFORE people sign up. The Jeeps they use are two door, hard top and they expect them to hold at least four people. If you've never had the pleasure of sitting in the backseat of a two door Jeep let me enlighten you. If you are over 6' tall you will not fit. If you are over 150 Lbs. you will not fit. If you have had any surgeries or things limiting your ability to contort yourself like a circus performer, you will not fit. If you are of smaller stature you will be expected to sit in the back the entire time. If you are claustrophobic you will NOT like the backseat! We lucked out and the couple riding with us straight up quit before the tour even began as the wife was afraid of tight spaced and the husband would not physically fit into the backseat of the Jeep. I was adamant that just because I fit in the backseat I was NOT riding back there the entire trip. Just because I am small doesn't mean my money isn't worth as much as yours.

More Skagway Reviews Skagway Port Profile Skagway Forum
Victoria
Port Rating: Not Rated

This place was uppity and boring. I could not bring myself to pay $75 for a self-guided tour of the gardens. Wish we had skipped this port in favor of another sea day or day in Juneau.

More Victoria Reviews Victoria Port Profile Victoria Forum