Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > ginka123's Port Reviews of Naples, Malta (Valletta), Athens (Piraeus), Mykonos, Kusadasi, Rhodes

Celebrity Silhouette cruise in April 2013
Member Name: ginka123
Cruise Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Member Review: ginka123's Celebrity Silhouette Review
Naples
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

We had visited Naples on a previous trip so I only visited the dock area and my husband rested in the room.

More Naples Reviews Naples Port Profile Naples Forum
Malta (Valletta)
City Tour Rating: Not Rated

I think this was the name of the tour we took. It involved a bus ride around the city and other parts of the island with a variety of stops to get off and explore briefly. It was a great way to get a good idea of what Malta is like.

More Malta (Valletta) Reviews Malta (Valletta) Port Profile Malta (Valletta) Forum
Athens (Piraeus)
Archeological Museum Rating: Not Rated

see above - it was a combo tour

City Tour Rating: Not Rated

The museum and city tour were both fantastic. My husband had recently had hip surgery so we ruled out hiking up to the Acropolis but were able to learn a lot from the museum and could easily see it at a distance from several places. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and we enjoyed the day.

More Athens (Piraeus) Reviews Athens (Piraeus) Port Profile Athens (Piraeus) Forum
Mykonos
Port Rating: 0.0 out of 5+

We had a lovely time walking around the small port area of Mykonos harbor. We even found the last weaver on Mykonos - since I am also a weaver I was thrilled - but sad to know she was the last. It is a beautiful area and we really enjoyed walking, stopping for a drink or gelato, shopping and exploring.

More Mykonos Reviews Mykonos Port Profile Mykonos Forum
Kusadasi
Ephesus Rating: Not Rated

We loved exploring the ruins in Ephesus and the tour guide was very well informed. We were amazed a the size of the site and the mixture of cultures that had left their marks on the area. We also went to the small town of Siringe for arts and crafts market and lunch. This was also fun but I would have liked more time to explore that area. I would have skipped the mandatory tour of the carpet weaving studio since I already knew how that is done. And the carpets were very expensive.

More Kusadasi Reviews Kusadasi Port Profile Kusadasi Forum
Rhodes
Port Rating: Not Rated

I would have liked another day there. It was a holiday so many things were closed. We took one of the "hop on hop off" local busses and enjoyed seeing the area. We explored some of the old walled town area but all the museums were closed. The other side of the island looked like it had great beaches and a relaxing beach vacation on the island would be fun some day. I'd like to go back.

More Rhodes Reviews Rhodes Port Profile Rhodes Forum
Santorini
Port Rating: Not Rated

My husband chose to stay on board since this island required a lot of hilly walking. We were tendered in and took the cable car up to the city at the top. I walked and shopped and walked and shopped up and down hills on tiny streets and alley ways. It was fun but after looking at a book about the island I realized that I missed a lot of the island.

More Santorini Reviews Santorini Port Profile Santorini Forum
Crete (Heraklion)
Port Rating: Not Rated

Didn't see much - just the market area and traffic jams.

More Crete (Heraklion) Reviews Crete (Heraklion) Port Profile Crete (Heraklion) Forum